Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all...I have 94 Safari 377 that may need some ignition work. I believe it is a Ducatti ignition. I have two questions.
1) Is there points in this thing?
2) Is there an aftermarket coil replacement?

I am trying to tune it up and have been told the OEM is expensive and I am looking for possible aftermarket ignition parts.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
1 = no
2 = yes

why do you think you need a new coil?

moxy

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mox
The sled ran great for me for years...sold it to my sister and she had grief from day one...hard/no starting when warm...low power. A mechanic friend of mine looked at it briefly and suspected the coil. I have put new plugs in it and shortened the plug wires on the coil end...one new plug cap. I fires up OK but it looks like I will end up owning this thing again...thinking about a bit of a restore for my son. Just fishing for info before I decide on what to do with it.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
beware that electronic parts are not returnable to royal, i suggest having your original tested at the dealer before purchasing

moxy

·
Maybe old and slow but gets me where i'm going
1,339 Posts
i Thought the cdi and coils is a one unit deal on these sleds? And thats why they are so expensive. If the sled is har starting when it's warm, they this next time. Run the sled until it's acting up. Pull out the plugs. Pull the engine over about a dozen times with the plugs out. Trow in a brand new set and then try and start the sled. My 377 was doing something similar to what your describing. I thought it was the coils, untill one day i rolled the sled and the bonett/hood popped of and the thing ran like a rapped ape. I came to conculstion that under the hood, since there isn't many vent holes the air under the hood was gettin to warm and making the sled run really rich. I just re-routed the air intake to fresh cooled air and she runs perfect Now. Check you carbs and raise a clip on the carb needle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts