Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1994 Mach Z Triple: A year ago the base gasket was leaking anti freeze so I changed it. Rode it maybe twice since then. Went to start it today and the base gasket on both rear side corners is pushed out and leaking anti freeze again. Is this common on these or do you think I did something wrong or any ideas on what I should do?
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmm.. Did you make sure when you replaced the gasket, that all the old gasket was removed off the cylinder base, and crank base? If so maby your cylinders or Crank Base are warped ... ?
Next time when you replace it, go get some High Temp Liquid Gasket Sealer, and when installing the new gasket, just put on a real thin layer on both meeting surfaces. See if that helps at all.

·
Vintage DOO lover
1,205 Posts
I know on older Rotax liquid engines that they used sealer under the washers of the studs and nuts that are inside the coolant passages at the base of the cylinder. Did you reseal them?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Very common to have the gasket blowout. Some shops would edit for bad language punch the gasket suface on the base to help hold the gasket. I've used Yamabond(buy at any Yamaha dealer) along with the gasket over the years with good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts