Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Morning all,

I'm new to the sport and I have a dilema. My 1993 mx xtc r is in the shop getting a new track installed. Unfortunately for me the dealer said this track is no longer being made. The dealership has called all his contacts in Canada and the US with nothing found. Can anyone help me out trying to find a new track. It is 138 inches X 16 inches. It's an odd size but I hope I can get one to match.

If one is not found can a different suspension and track combo be installed without much retrofitting? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
My dad has the same sled, and it is a great sled. He realized he would soon be running into problems with it because of its age. he bought another one just like it and it hada rip in the track. he tried to find a new track and the dealer sent the wrong one two times before telling him that he wouldn't be avle to get one. He ended up getting a track out of a grand touring of the same year. He had the engine redone last year and the sled runs great, 14,000 kms no i think

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NewfieRider440 said:
My dad has the same sled, and it is a great sled. He realized he would soon be running into problems with it because of its age. he bought another one just like it and it hada rip in the track. he tried to find a new track and the dealer sent the wrong one two times before telling him that he wouldn't be avle to get one. He ended up getting a track out of a grand touring of the same year. He had the engine redone last year and the sled runs great, 14,000 kms no i think
[snapback]694109[/snapback]​
Thanks for responding!! I have 7700km on it, so if your dad's has 14000km, I have lots of riding left. I think that might be my only option as well, buy another sled for parts. Unfortunately the season is here and I'd rather be riding than wrenching. Any comments on changing suspensions to a newer suspension?

·
Registered
25 Posts
try

www.royaldistributing.com

1-800-265-2970
they do mail order and have 3 retail stores in ontario
Guelph 519-822-7081
Barrie 705-725-9364
Sudbury 705-566-8111

they are Canada's leader in snowmobile parts and accessories

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I can't tell you anything about the suspension, i would just get new shocks and springs instead because those sled's give a really good ride with two people. It's very important to grease every grease nipple on the front and rear suspension every year, thats what will make it last. When dad brought his sled in to get the motor done he said he had never seen so many miles on a 470 before. So i guess that means the're not that reliable.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's a 136 x 16 track on there i believe, just get a 136 X 15 , I just changed the track on my 93 Mach 1 to a 15". Give Tracks USA a call as well, just to make sure it's a 136" If they can't find you a track no one can

·
Registered
48 Posts
NewfieRider440 said:
So what did u have to do to change it? new sprocket, new idler and boogie wheel shafts, or just a completely new suspension?
[snapback]695581[/snapback]​
Not a thing the only differance is the 16" track is 1/2" wider on each side. The 93 Plus X came with a 15" track

1 - 8 of 8 Posts