Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok

So I gave up on the idea of converting my Stratos to get reverse. I am now looking at a 1990 or 1991 GLX 500 liquid cooled.

It seems to have everything I want. But I know nothing about this motor. Can anyone tell me if these nachines are any good? Also he is looking for $1000. for it. It looks mint. Would that be a fair price?

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Personnaly,i would stay away from '90 GLX.They had lot of problems.Overheating,wiring,etc.They had recalls on it.Engine was a 462 LC .Were no good in deep snow. And 1000.00 on it,its too high.But one positive thing,reverse would fit on your Stratos,not sure about the same drive axle length.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow dodged another bullet. It would be great if you guys would let me impose on you to recommend what might be a good sled for me.

I am 66 years old and partially disabled (arthritis in my spine) and plan to ride trails 100% of the time. We are right next to the Trans Canada Trail.

I really need a reliable machine with electric start and reverse. I have about $1000. to spend. Many thanks for your responses. I really value and appreciate them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts