Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day,

First post and new to the forum. Love the information and camaraderie on this forum. Picked up an MX late last winter to boot around the cottage and lake. Rode around for 15 min and did a few full throttle pulls. Nice and smooth power delivery up to 3/4 throttle. From 3/4 to full throttle bogging.. ..Hoping a carb clean will fix...also looks like my fuel pump is done. Gas is leaking into the cylinders. So I bought a new pump and will be installing it soon along with a carb clean. Found out the hard way with these sleds that you need to use the shut off every time :) Hoping with a new pump and carb clean she will be good to go.

Anyway just happy to be here and read all the tips and tricks from the PRS pros.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...Ya I thought it would be crazy to design it this way from the factory. For an $800 sled i don't mind turning the switch lol.

FYI - I am in Kanata...Are you close by? I see Eastern Ontario in your profile.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Thanks...Ya I thought it would be crazy to design it this way from the factory. For an $800 sled i don't mind turning the switch lol.

FYI - I am in Kanata...Are you close by? I see Eastern Ontario in your profile.
As was said, overhaul the carbs and should be good as new. No good using the shut off as there will always be a time you will forget.

I am a little over an hour from you near Hawkesbury/Vankleek Hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Shut off is handy for going on long road trips. The vibration and bumps is enough to open the needle up and with a full tank of gas, it flows pretty easily.

Granted, there are usually no issues doing it, although sometimes a sled can be hard to start because it is flooded when you get there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I took the old girl ('91 mx) out for a boot up and down the Cottage road yesterday grinning ear to ear!. Runs great since the carb overhaul...No more bogging or flooding after shut off. Cant wait for the lake to be frozen up enough. Now just need to fix leaking tank..Will use a piece of fuel line and 2 elbows and see if that works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts