Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the sled out for a rip and made it about 30min than I got off for like 3 seconds cuz it felt like there was a lot of resistance on the drive train than it died

Now it won't start not even a bump
Has fuel lots! Has spark
Tried pulling the plugs and drying it out
Flipped the sled over and tried to get all the gas out

Has a new stator already
Carb kit W/needle and seat

HELP!

Possible coil?
I'm currently up north with it so I'm kinda bummed out:(

·
Registered
100 Posts
i would start with a compression check, good spark means the electrical is ok, maybe crank seals, fuel delivery issues,

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Fuel, Compression, and Spark.

If you don't have a compression tester, pull one spark plug at a time and just put your thumb over the hole and pull on the cord once. You only need to go 2 full cycle. If your thumb gets blown off, make note of how hard it was, then try the other side. Are they pretty much the same?

Lots of fuel? Maybe to much?

·
Registered
537 Posts
If you thinking you have way to much fuel & need to flip the machine over to remove the fuel then you have a needle and seat issue,float adjustment way off ,contaminated system (Dirty fuel system) .

I see you replaced the needle and seat. You must have cleaned the fuel system?

First thought: Go threw your fuel system again. Its dirty. It takes a tiny speck to hold the needle open. Look at the needle and seat with a magnifying glass.

Second thought: defective needle & seat? Aftermarket are not that good and are a gamble at best if that's the route you took. Sometimes you get a bad one!

Third: floats are out of adjustment.

To remove the fuel from the motor. Disconnect the pulse line from the motor to the fuel pump. Remove the exhaust, carb & plugs. Pull the motor over till the fuel is pumped out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks guys for the input I'm gunna take the carb off the sled and I'll update you guys on what I find
I'm gunna take my other sled out for a little boot so my weekend wasn't completely wasted
a659eb6d979f26c20359383898448666.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So went out to see the safari on the trailer and soon as I went to pull it over it right away locked up it hydro locked it self with gas and there was gas coming out of the muffler
How the F**k did that much gas get through the carb

·
Registered
537 Posts
If the float arm was to high when upside down. This would cause the fuel to most likely shutoff before the fuel bowl was full.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If the float arm was to high when upside down. This would cause the fuel to most likely shutoff before the fuel bowl was full.
That's what I thought! That would cause a lean condition would it not?

But like I'm telling you it was stupid high the float arm was no where close to level so i adjusted it and installed it and it runs a lot better but I'm gunna try today to take it out and see what it does

·
Registered
537 Posts
Was it bent up so bad that the floats pins somehow got underneath the float arm?

Are the floats installed correct? On the side of the float (The word UP)

floats are installed with the bowl sitting as it would be installed on the sled.

First float bowl image is Correct.

Second image is NOT Correct

Make sure you have the little float retainers installed on the float bowl slide pins

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was it bent up so bad that the floats pins somehow got underneath the float arm?
Are the floats installed correct? On the side of the float (The word UP)
floats are installed with the bowl sitting as it would be installed on the sled.

First float bowl image is Correct.

Second image is NOT Correct
Make sure you have the little float retainers installed on the float bowl slide pins
Ya I made sure the floats were installed correctly I also noticed that the spring clip that holds the needle was squeezing to hard on it causing it to stick! Stupid aftermarket
So I fixed that and set the float arm level so crossing my fingers and hoping it was just that

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I readjusted the float arms on the sled and Found the air mix screw was 5!!! Turns out when the service manual says 1 turn so there were multiple issues with the carb I put a brand new needle and seat and it idles and starts mint no more fuel coming out of the over flow but that's just idling I haven't took the sled for a ride yet we have no snow to test it on I'll update you guys later I will prob have it out this weekend

1 - 17 of 17 Posts