Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Im new to doo. I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I have 2 1990 503 cheyene sleds, and one runs great and the other doesn't get gas up to the carb. Is the line into the top of the fuel block vaccum or pressure?. I;ve just cleaned and replaced all the lines and a new in tank filter for the prime. Any ideas ? Thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
When you take the gas line of the carb and pull the engine over does it push gas out of the line?
If it pushes gas you are probably looking at a stuck needle/seat valve or stuck floats. If it doesnt push gas then you are looking at a fuel pump or fuel line pick up issue.
Does it run if you pour a little gas straight into the carb? The line from the engine to the fuel pump alternates between pressure and vacumm as the crankshaft rotates - If that was what you were asking about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you take the gas line of the carb and pull the engine over does it push gas out of the line?
If it pushes gas you are probably looking at a stuck needle/seat valve or stuck floats. If it doesnt push gas then you are looking at a fuel pump or fuel line pick up issue.
Does it run if you pour a little gas straight into the carb? The line from the engine to the fuel pump alternates between pressure and vacumm as the crankshaft rotates - If that was what you were asking about.
Yes thanks Gus this seems like the info I am after, I'll try that

K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts