Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a y y/b wh wires for my tail light and all of them are here power, I'm not sure if that's how it supposed to be, I'd think one should be a ground. Also I did made a temporary ground from the engine and I'm getting a arc from that. I don't know what the heck is going on

·
On Thin Ice with Steve
35,755 Posts
Ok so I have a y y/b wh wires for my tail light and all of them are here power, I'm not sure if that's how it supposed to be, I'd think one should be a ground. Also I did made a temporary ground from the engine and I'm getting a arc from that. I don't know what the heck is going on
You don't want to ground anything to the frame except the voltage regulator.

Sent from my iPhone three days ago

·
Registered
658 Posts
What Skidozer500 said

There is no traditional chassis ground wire for the taillight

Yellow and yellow/black wire are the power for the taillight. They both go back to the lighting coil in the engine to complete the circuit

White wire is the power for the brake light.

You say you have power on all three. If the white wire is always on, you need to check the brake light switch.

Why are you checking wires in the first place? Some thing not working?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Yes,the taillight is not grounded with the seat bolt as models in the past as this proved to be very problematic.
There is a common point where the chassis,voltage regulator base, YL/BK wire (from lighting coil) & engine itself (via BK wire changing to BR wire and bolting to side of engine) are all connected together making engine and/or chassis ground.

This common grounding point was a problem area for the Citation LS & Tundra as the connection corroded.
The wiring diagram is sort of deceiving but this model uses a single wire regulator and there should be two female connectors bolted to the chassis with the regulator base at this point.

post-412642-0-62159100-1578968470.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, when I put e start in it from a citation, I changed the the voltage regulator, and relocated to the side of the engine,but it should be grounded from there

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm doing a little customized seat,I striped the sled down and sanded all the rust down and painted it with por 15 , also made a trappers seat from a elan seat and spliced into the brake lines
What Skidozer500 said
There is no traditional chassis ground wire for the taillight
Yellow and yellow/black wire are the power for the taillight. They both go back to the lighting coil in the engine to complete the circuit
White wire is the power for the brake light.
You say you have power on all three. If the white wire is always on, you need to check the brake light switch.
Why are you checking wires in the first place? Some thing not working?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts