Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently cleaned up a 1987 Skidoo skandic 377R and I'm wondering if there are any options for wider ski skins I can install?

It has new kimpex skis part #08-296 and new carbides

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rode 4 hours to get that one, its not going anywhere... would you have a link or anything?

they have skins for the newer ones at royal distributing but the guy I talked to there said they didnt have anything 8-10 for the older ones.

I saw a post on here a while back where someone found some that would fit but I cant track it down now.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Kimpex universal ski protector 08-401 for bombardier. 8" wide
Page 917 online catalog
X2

They are a nice wide skin for those that want a wider than normal skin.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I put a set of those 8 inchers from Royal on my 86 Skandic last week. Night and day in the deep snow. Come to a complete stop in 3 feet of fresh powder and sink 2 inches where I used to sink 6 or 8. Best sled I've ever owned for deep snow. Ride bottomless flatland like it was packed snow.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
X2

They are a nice wide skin for those that want a wider than normal skin.
I'll be third , put them on all my steel skied sleds , interestingly enough the last Skandic R that I tried them on had a ski that was too long . :shrug

VERY nice Skandic by the way , I'm with 1lunger on this one . :laugh_old:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Took some pics of the Skandic last night. Just installed Pro-taper bars & 6 inch pivoting riser (2 inch overall rise from stock height). The thing is so much more nimble with those bars and got me carving sharp and deep. Ski skins are also on in pic. Oh, and btw, the skins added 3-4 mph to my top speed as well. Runs 62ish now on the dream meter. 447 twin carb coming very soon!

1455831355623.jpg

1455831378564.jpg

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts