Registered
98 Posts
Looks to be in good shape!

Thanks for sharing.

Rene

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
God I love that sled!! I used to have this picture in my locker in High school back in 1986....
So did I - sharp little sled. The school library used to stock all the snowmobile magazines, so would always be looking at them. Also read every snowmobile book they had ( and photocopied some stuff that I still have!). Good memories.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Just ran across the add, price is now up to $500. Gotta love Kijiji! Stay tuned, maybe $1000 by the weekend. I remember one last year that got reposted "due to the large number of replies, I have increased the price to XXXX, then it stayed on for weeks. ". People have to learn, replies, questions, and picture requests are not necessarily 100 guys ready to buy.

The Arctic Cat that I needed for parts that was $600 firm, that I politely called the guy and said if ever it doesn't sell can I leave you my number if you decide to drop the price a little, it is still for sale. He would not take my number and said lots of guys wanted it and it would sell for his price. I was ready to go get it at $500, that I thought was plenty for a " runs with gas down the spark plug holes" kinda sled with rough cosmetics. I needed the clutch/ring gear and starter. I hope he ends up stuck and selling it for about $300.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
In fairness to the seller, when I posted it, the title said $500, and his text said $300 obo.... So could have been an error.

But yeah, you're totally right! Have seen it often. And I've encountered many sellers who gave me the speech "guys are telling me I priced it too low...." . Seems those "guys", never show with the cash. :)

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
In fairness to the seller, when I posted it, the title said $500, and his text said $300 obo.... So could have been an error.

But yeah, you're totally right! Have seen it often. And I've encountered many sellers who gave me the speech "guys are telling me I priced it too low...." . Seems those "guys", never show with the cash. :)
Yes I have seen that happen as well, may have just been an honest mistake when he posted the add, that was soon realized.

Buying stuff is so funny, some won't budge an inch others will go down a lot. I bought an Elan a couple weeks ago locally that was listed at 400, when I got there it was pretty rough, and not wanting to insult the guy I just said call me if it doesn't sell and you reduce the price, He asked "how much did my wife put it on for?" I told him 400 and he said, oh I'll take a couple hundred bucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts