Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a 86 safari and it starts perfect. I am running premix at 50:1 and the carbs were disassembled and ultrasonic cleaned. The clutches were services also. My question is the sled starts up great runs hard however sometimes at WOT it hits a wall and RPMS drop significantly (no tach just hearing) there is no popping or sputtering just massive loss of power, I can let off throttle and hit it again and many times it goes away and starts pulling hard again other times it won't do it at all. It's actually very hard to tell if it's starving or bogging. I have also considered maybe i am looking in wrong direction and sometimes maybe it's shifting into higher gear too quickly . Any advise would be great I have moved needle clip back and forth and no difference. Here is a picture of my plugs they look pretty mocha colored to me ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455466838.162619.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
sometimes or all the time? just guessing here tank vent line partially clogged, fuel pump needs rebuilding, maybe crank seals are just starting to leak, pulse line collapsing, air leaks. been there done that with that problem i get to the point and start replacing lines rebuild pump and change pulse line and check for cracks in the boots. your plug look like a good colour I've seen worse colours on a good running sled make sure your engine is not over heating make sure belt fan is not to worn out and loose

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just sometimes and I will check all that where should the vent line go right outside the tank than just open to atmosphere ? I see a brass fitting on side of tank

·
Registered
44 Posts
my old safari started acting up like that, found out thats what happens when its starting to go, might not be for all sleds but in my town theres been a few 80's 377's that have had that problem that led to the cracking of cylinders etc..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts