Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a moto ski mirage 2 need to replace the cam sliders as one is missing. wondering if there are any special tools to remove the secondary and disassemble it? does it just slide off the left end after removing the bearing? will i need to compress the clutch to take the sheaves apart? also is there any other wear items that should be replaced such as the spring? thanks for your input!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
yes once you remove the shaft from the bearing you will need to remove the c clip becarefull as the outercam is under pressure from the spring BUT before you take apart the secondary or remove from the sled grab a hold of the sliding half and open up a bit with your hands and give it a wiggle if it is loose then you need to replace the bushing since you are taking it apart this would be a good time to check it

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure what happened just one is missing is there a tool to compress the clutcj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I never took the clutch apart to replace the cam shoes. I would wrap the long end of a 3/16th Allen wrench with electrical tape. Heat up the short end with a torch red hot. Span the driven open and stick the hot Allen wrench in the cam shoe tit left in the clutch, let the clutch close, let the wrench cool, and twist out the tit.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
what ever you do how to get the broken end out just remember when putting in a new one you will go through many cam shoes before you get one to go in properly the after market ones are not the best quality and i preach this one you have to prepare the new shoe by grinding the edge off i even made a picture so people would understand what i mean

Attachments

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I never took the clutch apart to replace the cam shoes. I would wrap the long end of a 3/16th Allen wrench with electrical tape. Heat up the short end with a torch red hot. Span the driven open and stick the hot Allen wrench in the cam shoe tit left in the clutch, let the clutch close, let the wrench cool, and twist out the tit.
X2

Heating an allen wrench with a torch has worked many times for me also.

what ever you do how to get the broken end out just remember when putting in a new one you will go through many cam shoes before you get one to go in properly the after market ones are not the best quality and i preach this one you have to prepare the new shoe by grinding the edge off i even made a picture so people would understand what i mean
X2

The aftermarket cam sliders don't fit well at all and are more brittle than the original BRP ones.

I have an old cam that I use to check the altered aftermarket cam sliders to make sure they fit properly before trying to install them on a sled.

Reactions: dastevoe

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome guys thanks for all the info. I'm going to try and get all brp parts if possible. Also anybody have any leads on a 1973 futura f-295 track ?

·
Registered
3,191 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One more question on the 73 it has a 295 BSE engine ran all new fuel lines with a rubber primer bulb, wasn't there before and was a bear to start. Just want to verify the primer line feed should be off the fuel feed line ? Or should it be feeding off the return line ? After the new lines with the primer seems to starve a little for fuel and bog does anyone have a pic or any thoughts on this ?

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
The primer line feeds off the main fuel supply line.

If you haven't rebuilt the Tillotson carb then it likely is the cause.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts