Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

As the topic states. If I use the key or tether it does not matter. I have to pull the spark plug cap off.

I took the switch out, checked it with my meter seems fine.

I Pull the tether, nothing.
I cleaned all electrical connections also. Wiggled wires etc.

I would like to eliminate the tether from the equation completely. I have never used it. Never will. Cut all the string off but like 2 inches.

Maybe button not "popping" out all the way? Unlikely I know. But at least eliminate it.

Anyone else ever experienceb this? Does not matter if sled is cold or hot.

Help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
always a bad idea to eliminate a safety feature, clearly you have a wiring problem it's not a serious one you just have to make the flow of power is going through the ignition switch and safety switch, right now it's not.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the tether has never ever been used. 2" of string on it.
I have checked the big electrical connector terminals. I want to bypass the tether to see if maybe that is the problem. If it is not the problem I would know it is something else electrical. Any wiring schematics out there for this sled? It sucks the wiring harness is wrapped so tight etc. it is going to be a pain to trace.

Last year it would do the same thing. But would eventually shut off.

Any other ideas?
Will do all suggestions again to double check maybe I missed somthing.

Thanks all

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New question while I am at it.

Anyone know where I can get the piece under the sled that looks like a leather strap holding the track from dropping to far? What is the proper name of that so I can at least search for one?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,191 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Royal distributing has them too. Suspension limiter strap.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I got the electrical problem solved it was a combination of bad wires and bad connections but all is good now

Thanks for the info on the strap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts