Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a 1980 ski-doo blizzard 7500 for $500. The seat needs to be recoverd and the hood isn't in good condition, the track also needs to be repalced. The engine is about the only thing that looks good. I was wondering if that is a good deal? What is the first thing 2 go wrong with them? Its only got 1400 miles on it.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I remember my dad bought a new 9500 and 7500 in "80.
Never tore the engine doen on the 7500. just kept running. It does have the old Bosch style coils which are expensive when you can find them.

$500 is hard to tell. How is bellypan, all dinged up?
I just bought an 80 bliz 7500 that is in not too bad of shape. engine starts but runs rough. Haven't had time to look into it. I got it for $250.
I bought an 79 RV bliz 7500 for $500. runs on one cylinder. been sitting around a while. needs seat recovered. needs a little help. Hope these can compare. Good luck!!!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got my 81 blizzard 5500 for $150, BUT, it is in bad shape. It runs and drives fine, very dependable but the hood and seat are both COMPLETELY held on by bungee straps. My 9500 was $200 and in pretty nice shape. the guy redid it and then wrecked it in the side. there is a dent in the bellypan and the hood is held together by rivets and steel on that same side. very fast when it runs, but not dependable at all. It's an '80, by the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts