Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to sell soon because I am trying to buy a vehicle. My starting asking price is 1500 $ and i am negotiable. Video of sled running is below.

1979 ski doo bombardier blizzard 7500 plus. Was bought during last winter with a blown up 340 (type 354) so I bought a 440 (type 454) and swapped the motors. Electrical wiring was changed to accompany the different ignition type. The 440 blew up and I completely rebuilt it, new crank bearings, seals, rotary valve shaft seals and a new rotary valve, the cylinders were bored .20 over stock bore with new pistons and rings with new upper connecting rod bearings and of course a whole new gasket set. Also the rear suspension was overhauled with new bearings and shock. The previous owner put on new skis with new ski skins as well as a new kimpex windshield. I have also installed a fuel shut off valve. Sled is currently stored at a farm in a barn under a cover with the suspension propped up off the ground.

Runs like a top, havent had any problems. The only issue is there is no tether switch (I have one to put on and I am working on getting it together) and there is no dimmer switch so the headlight does not work. I also have a dimmer switch and am working on installing it. The fiberglass hood has some chips but is in repairable condition and the fiberglass bellypan is in pretty good shape. The track is in good condition with no rips or tears and no broken rods or frayes and it is a bombardier track so there are a few small cracks. I have a spare track to go with the sled.

Comes with a cover, the blown 340 which has some good parts, two mikuni vm34 34mm carbs that were sonic cleaned soon before the motor went and I cleaned them recently. They come with the throttle cable. I have a parts manual for the sled, the bosch coils thay came off the sled which are in working order, the original electrical harness with stator and flywheel and a few other miscellaneous things including a blizzard 9500 engine mount plate and an s chassis seat cut to fit this sled.

Here is a video of the sled running

Ski doo blizzard 7500 with 9500 motor:

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a brand new set of those ski covers. Do they work good? If you were closer I would buy it. Good luck with the sale.
Seem to work great. Thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sled is sold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts