Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up what I thought was an 79 Blizzard RV, with its hood painted to look like an RV, but after running the serial numbers it turns out it is a 79 Super Sonic, which makes me quite happy. A few questions though...

Do they have a Blue or Black belly pan stock? looked at some pictures but its hard to tell, has a black one now but it needs to be replaced.

Do they have a Black or a Blue Seat?

Is the gas tank supposed to be Blue?

I suppose if anyone on here has a stock original that they could take a few photos of that would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just picked up what I thought was an 79 Blizzard RV, with its hood painted to look like an RV, but after running the serial numbers it turns out it is a 79 Super Sonic, which makes me quite happy. A few questions though...

Do they have a Blue or Black belly pan stock? looked at some pictures but its hard to tell, has a black one now but it needs to be replaced.

Do they have a Black or a Blue Seat?

Is the gas tank supposed to be Blue?

I suppose if anyone on here has a stock original that they could take a few photos of that would be great.

Thanks
Good buy! Was that the one one Kijiji??

I have some old Moto ski brochures....I will see if I can dig up the 79.

Shane

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good buy! Was that the one one Kijiji??

I have some old Moto ski brochures....I will see if I can dig up the 79.

Shane
Yeah it was advertised as a 1978 RV 340 liquid, which I figured was actually a 79 Blizzard 7500. To my surprise it was actually a 79 Super Sonic , even had Motoski on the ownership.

It is a little rough around the edges but I will get her shined up like a new penny!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here are a couple
That's a Nice sled!! I was tempted to take a look at it as well....A 79 Super Sonic is on my list
....only if I had made that call..and I am presuming the sled was within a stones throw. Very, very nice.

Here this one is is my backyard and I am contemplating a trip all the way to Wisconsin to pick up a 75

Shane, Orillia

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a Nice sled!! I was tempted to take a look at it as well....A 79 Super Sonic is on my list
....only if I had made that call..and I am presuming the sled was within a stones throw. Very, very nice.

Here this one is is my backyard and I am contemplating a trip all the way to Wisconsin to pick up a 75

Shane, Orillia
Hey Shane,

Yeah the sled was in Jarrett, not to far away. It is going to need a lot to get back into shape, it has a black tank, black belly pan, and black seat, all are supposed to be blue. Missing the handle bar pad as usual.

I don't know if you ride your Blizzard, but we should go out for a ride next winter on the Blizzards your just down the road.

Cheers Sean

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So which of the RV style sleds had the smaller headlight? This hood has the small headlight, but the 79 SS had the larger one right? Same as the Blizzrad 7500 I think. So the hood is an original Moto Ski hood, it is orange under the yellow paint. I am told the 78 Blizzard 6500 had the small headlight, did Moto ski have a liquid in 1978? Just trying to figure out which hood I have on this thing.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey Shane,

Yeah the sled was in Jarrett, not to far away. It is going to need a lot to get back into shape, it has a black tank, black belly pan, and black seat, all are supposed to be blue. Missing the handle bar pad as usual.

I don't know if you ride your Blizzard, but we should go out for a ride next winter on the Blizzards your just down the road.

Cheers Sean
Hey Sean

I do take the blizzard out once and a while. I am looking at removing the motor this summer and have it checked out and resealed.....hopefully ready for next year.

I'll PM you with my contact info.
I'd like to see the Sonic.

Shane

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need pictures of the good and bad to give a value.
Please get back with me. Trying to sell from estate sale and I have no idea if valuable, collectors item or junk? Appreciate any info from you. Thanks so much. Donna Torrence- Indiana

Attachments

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm in Ohio, and very interested!!! Where in Indiana are you Donna?
Can you take a few pictures of what is under the hood?

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Anyone else here smell something Phishy?

Maybe.....but if I lived close, I'd cast at it. Looks very nice, we need someone in the area to go after it, should have NO problem selling it if it's real. If it runs and is not damaged somewhere we can't see, has the original power, it's a 3K plus sled all day.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I agree with David, someone close enough to check it out and deal in person, its worth the off chance it is legit and can be bought at a fair price. Otherwise, yes it seems off. Obviously, the seller knows it isn’t “junk” if they are asking on here. Hoping someone may get a good sled at a fair price, but not betting on it. Be careful. Looks like potential scam to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts