Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All,

I have been restoring one of my 1979 300 Citation and i swapped the original 294 rotax for a 377 rotax with a fresh rebuild. I have been having a hard time getting all my wiring working properly. As of right now i have my Kill switch and my key working properly but i can not get my lights to work. I know my lights work on the sled because i plugged my sled wiring harness into another 1979 300 citation and all the lights work fine. I have attached the two wiring diagrams for the two different sled motors. This is how i have the wires attached right now but the lights are not working.

1984 377 Safari Engine 1979 300 Citation

Yellow Black Wire--------------------------------Purple + Purple (VIO+VIO)

Black Yellow Wire--------------------------------White Purple+White Purple(VIO WHT + VIO WHT)

Brown ---------------------------------Yellow + Yellow

Brown ---------------------------------Black

Yellow ---------------------------------Black+Black

---------------------------------Yellow

If anyone can shed some Light onto this situation that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
Where you have brown from the 377 connected to yellow on the 300 is wrong, and yellow from the 377 connected to the black on the 300 is wrong as well. If you look at the 300 diagram, you see the ground symbol beside the Black wire. Black, Brown, yellow with a black tracer are usually ground. Yellow is always the hot wire in the lighting coil.

From what I see you should have;

377 300

BK/YL = VIO/WHT VIO/WHT (IGNITION)

YL/BK = BK BK (LIGHTING COIL GROUND)

= YL

BR = BK (GROUND)

YL = YLYL (LIGHTING COIL HOT SIDE)

BR = VIO VIO (IGNITION GROUND)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the sled pulls pretty hard, but its not geared to go overly fast i think the top speed might be 80-100 km/h. If the trail is hard packed it will keep the ski's off the ground for quiet a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts