Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance ot buy a 1976 TNT 30 fan cheap. I already have a couple of sleds, but I keep them up in northern Wisconsin at my family's cottage. I have access to a few hundred acres of fields in southeasten Wisconsin behind my house, and was looking to get a sled cheap that I can keep at home to screw around with. I would like to get something newer, but I am a college student and I don't have a lot of disposable income.

I have not seen the sled yet, but my friend tells me that it ran a few years ago. He said that the original engine blew out, but was replaced in the early 90's with a rebuilt '76 340 fan. Before it was put in storage, something broke in the recoil starter, but he thinks it is something simple like a spring.

Is this a decent sled? I heard that some TNT's in the mid 70's had clutch problems. Was this sled one with a bad clutch? My friend said that he would trade me straight up for a left-handed Abu Garcia baitcasting reel I got cheap a few years ago.

Thanks in advance for your input. Feel free to include any pics of similar sleds.

Craig

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The 76 T'NT is a great sled, the 343 is a great engine, and the clutch(Instant-Torque) works pretty good considering how old it is.

The clutch you were thinking of was the HP clutch, made by Polaris, but used on the 73, and 74 T'NT Free-Airs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.