Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 72 Elan 248 that I am completing rebuild on and I need to replace the bearing on the primary clutch jack shaft. It is has Bombadier 4054008 stamped on the seal ring. Does anyone have a cross reference for a replacement.
Thanks

·
SnomoSnob
2,796 Posts
Quick Google says 28.5 is 1.122 inches... so maybe 1.125 ID ??
What is the OD?
GutZ

·
SnomoSnob
2,796 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Or don't replace? It's basically a spacer. Someone will tell me I'm wrong but I have primary's I have replaced and others I have left with the seized bearing and you wouldn't know the difference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Or don't replace? It's basically a spacer. Someone will tell me I'm wrong but I have primary's I have replaced and others I have left with the seized bearing and you wouldn't know the difference.
The Tristan bearing looks like it would work, Zoro isn’t one of the major bearing manufactures but would be just fine. I can order one from the Quebec guy easily as I am in Ontario and they are only $15 cdn. I could also use the old one but when rebuilding something always nice to replace things with shiny new ones. I figured it would be standard bearing available at the local supplier.
Thanks for all the the information Andy comments.
Winston

1 - 13 of 13 Posts