Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I am looking for a set of pipes for a 1972 Blizzard 797, it's going to be a tough find but I thought I would start here. Does anyone know someone that use to race this vintage or know of any collectors? I do have a set off a 640 and there is one pipe left from the 797, this brings up the next question, who would a guy talk to about getting a set made? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Only person I can think of at the moment might be Loren Machart. Would be worth giving him a call and seeing if he would build ya a set

·
Registered
509 Posts
If I'm understanding correctly you have a set of pipes from a 72 640? If so they should be identical to the 797 pipes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dad had both and 797 and a 640, the solo 797 pipe I have (other 2 were rusted out) is visually bigger around than the set off the wrecked 640, I just assumed they were different because of that but maybe the 797 had custom set built?? does anyone know fore sure? That would solve the whole problem.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I just checked my parts book, they are indeed different part numbers... My bad!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Is there enough of the rusty pipes left to get measurements or make patterns from?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Where are you located? I know a guy in Ellsworth, WI that builds pipes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts