Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least one of my secondary rollers broke this weekend on my 18 XRS with 1500 miles. I was disappointed to have a failure at that mileage..ruining my ride for the weekend and even more disappointed it's not covered by Warranty..I've always maintained and repaired all my stuff so it isn't that big of a deal to fix but was hoping for once to be able to have dealer repair under warranty. It seems ridiculous to have a failure at that mileage not be covered...Dealer said it's a common problem and I found multiple posts here backing that up. Looking for advice and peoples experiences with aftermarket vs. oem rollers.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Buy a good set of aftermarket rollers....don't waste the time or money on stock. I've had good luck with Hi Torque and Fett Brothers rollers.

It sucks that Ski Doo doesn't fix the issue. It's been there since the QRS came out in 2008.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not saying you do this but see alot of guys jam it in and out of reverses. Causing the helix to change diections and clunck hard

Could lead to pre failure
I always make it a point to ease the throttle when transitioning direction so it doesn't hit hard..

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
x2 on the hi torque rollers from Chris at CT.

My brothers machine busted a set a few years back and my group has been running these ever since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts