Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not the rs forum, doesn't seem to be much going on over there, has anyone seen or gotten any feedback on the new roller drive clutch. As much as I like my doo, have never liked the boat anchor feel of the drive clutch and actually hate the "who got this shaft stuck in my clutch" driven. From what I've read, the new drive clutch sounds sweet. I know about floating this and short shafting that, but since I only trail ride now, easier to service clutching would be great. Hopefully they work out all the bugs racing this year, and surprise us with trick new clutching for our trail sleds. People always wonder why polaris sleds go pretty good with low hp motors, that P85 and Team setup works pretty good. To have a flyweight clutch with the TRA feature and the power transferred thru rollers instead of buttons, if it works, sounds like the next step in clutching.

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
I know this is not the rs forum, doesn't seem to be much going on over there, has anyone seen or gotten any feedback on the new roller drive clutch. As much as I like my doo, have never liked the boat anchor feel of the drive clutch and actually hate the "who got this shaft stuck in my clutch" driven. From what I've read, the new drive clutch sounds sweet. I know about floating this and short shafting that, but since I only trail ride now, easier to service clutching would be great. Hopefully they work out all the bugs racing this year, and surprise us with trick new clutching for our trail sleds. People always wonder why polaris sleds go pretty good with low hp motors, that P85 and Team setup works pretty good. To have a flyweight clutch with the TRA feature and the power transferred thru rollers instead of buttons, if it works, sounds like the next step in clutching.
The new primary is exciting and it is coming, hopefully next year. The qrs secondary operates just fine, I have no issues with it. The heat in the system comes from the TRA.

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,652 Posts
The heat and issues comes from piece mealing the TRA components out to the lowest bidder the last ten years....... :dry_old:

-grover

Reactions: revx440HO

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
My 08 Tra7 was not a good piece. I have been very happy with them from 2010 to 2015. My point on heat with tra was more relating to the design, The light weight race tra has always run cooler with everything cut away. It looks like the new Pdrive could give us some advantages of the p85.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I just hope its affordable, and the same current taper.
I'd be shocked if the current 600RS has a different taper than the 600 / 800 etec engines. I'm surprised no one on here has bought one of these clutches yet to try.

Reactions: Reed's Racing

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
I'd be shocked if the current 600RS has a different taper than the 600 / 800 etec engines. I'm surprised no one on here has bought one of these clutches yet to try.
Hard to get and limited components.

·
Registered
21 MXZ XRS 850
3,776 Posts
Doo should offer an upgrade in the accessory catalog.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
At least it's not "Double Top Secret", some people out there know about it.......

Reactions: BARK-A-LOUNGER

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
still seeing a few blown belts on the pro class doo snocross sleds..... although the stockers look better this year, so who knows.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts