Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 800 etec this year. Very happy with the performance up until the last couple rides. It started to gradually work up to top rpm the last couple rides instead of going straight to 8000rpm when throttle is wide open. Cruising along at trail speed around 6500rpm then holding it to the bars it will jump up to 7400 and then creep up to 7900. The puzzling thing is that for the first 400 kms it would instantly jump to 8000. I am aware of the clicker adjustment in the primary but do not think that is the problem as it is supposed to get stronger as break in works down I would appreciate any ideas.
-drive belt? (Could that cause performance loss if it's wore?)
-primary spring??
I just don't understand where the revs have gone when it pulled them for the first 400kms.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I hope someone posts something that works to fix this. My 15 does this, except it's 7200 then creeps. Has no power even when it does hit 8000.

Dealer has tested raves and some other components I guess. Both primary and secondary springs are new with only a small change for the better. Now they're saying there's no codes so there's nothing wrong.

Has the fuel regulator update, but I'm not sure if they've checked pressure after that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I will put a new belt in and break it in properly. The belt that came on from factory wasn't shown any mercy or broke in. How long do the stock doo belts usually last before performance suffers? Is there a better aftermarket belt out there?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thanks I will put a new belt in and break it in properly. The belt that came on from factory wasn't shown any mercy or broke in. How long do the stock doo belts usually last before performance suffers? Is there a better aftermarket belt out there?
A few good options at much better pricing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Colonelmustard, on 08 Feb 2016 - 6:09 PM, said:

Any recommendations? What is the best option?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Colonelmustard, on 08 Feb 2016 - 6:09 PM, said:

Any recommendations? What is the best option?
I run the XS821. Ran them on my 12 and now my 16. I've bought them for $75 and up to $100.

Lots of people like the Gates belts as well.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Whatever belt you choose make sure you not only break it in properly but make sure you wash it before you use it. Some Dawn and warm water with a scotch brite pad. It cleans

off the mold release from the belts so it doesn't get on your clutches.

Reactions: russj
1 - 8 of 8 Posts