Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you guys that have did the 3" t3 conversion with the t3 7 tooth drivers on the xm summit chassis. I just finished a 4 day ride in Colorado. Many times while rolling over a mogul or a set up drift, slowly I could hear the paddles lightly rubbing on something. Upon inspection when i got home it looked like the closest area was at the front of the tunnel cooler. Seems as though when the skid would roll front to back it was enough for the paddles to rub. I couldnt see anything else.
Any similar issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Slednuck
1,982 Posts
Did you grind the one long rivet in the center up top near the heat exchanger? Otherwise you will commonly hear/feel ice buildup in the tunnel

·
Slednuck
1,982 Posts
i did not. I should add i have the SHR T3 skid relocate brackets installed

that won't matter as it's the track wrapping around the drivers that sets the clearance in this area. Drop it apart and grind it or wait for the center lugs to self clearance

Reactions: jdrmx

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just did this swap and haven’t seen an issue with the Center of the track but have had the 2 outer rows of lugs rubbing on 2 rivets, 1 on each side.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the same set up with the SHR T3 and had the same issue with it rubbing on the two outer rivets. It only did it for a little while..... :D BTW, this set up works!
works real well for sure. Especially with a big bore. Holds its own quite well with the turbos i ride with

1 - 9 of 9 Posts