Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was riding and had just gotten maybe 20 miles past break in period being over and I get to the bottom of I good size hill and my sled just dies. After I pull for awhile it starts up and takes off. Half hour later stop to help buddy get dug out and it dies again this time when she pops off I b line it for the lodge. Never had any issues the whole way back next morning pops right off and runs perfect for about three hours. This time she don't fire back up and I get pulled out. Seems if I monkey with the kill and tether it will fire but there are no codes or engine lights on. Anyone have similar problems

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Does sputter and run poorly or just quickly die? If its fast then you are in the right track with the kill switch or dess key but without tools or knowledge to diagnose electrical this is a dealer job.

·
Registered
419 Posts
We have 2 '14s in getting new ecm
haven't seen any thing on here yet but problem seems to be a voltage issue. One died and need a tow as a capacitor burnt. The second fried the exhaust temp sensor
Brp seems to know of the problem and is telling dealer to
Replace this and that
hope to have them both back for the weekend
on a side note mine and the 3 freerides haven't had the issue

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well
one sled is back new stator ecm and other thing capacitor temp sensor who knows what
all of the above done to both sleds and my brothers is still showing check engine and buds saying high votlage
and no one knows what is wrong at brp
needless to say my bro is ripped
I'll just edit for bad language myself here to save moderators time
any ideas what could be going on?

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
It's strange there would be a high voltage on the buds.

Depending on the guy operating the buds they should be able to determine how and why there is an over voltage. I wish they would allow the public the ability to have Buds. It is fairly decent what that program can do in the proper hands. I guess that's why, haha.

From what I understand, they have made improvements to the stator since 2011. The etec voice coils require a lot of voltage at wot. They have also improved those. There are various modules that are controled through the ecm so if the stator was running wild and over powering modules it may be fouling the whole system.

I am just guessing but maybe a bad batch of stators or the ecm is not seeing the voltage correctly.

Typically there are defaults the sled will operate at should somehibg fail. Like a pipe sensor. If it fails, I have seen them fail at max temp so it always wanted to feed it more fuel. Mine failed at something like 1200 degrees.

These systems are fairly advanced and if you don't have the right guy trouble shooting it you can be waiting awhile.

sent from a top secret location

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks dc the damn thing it back running but the ck engine light pops on right away and computer is reading over voltage or something simiar
sending out another ecm tomorrow....but there goes another weekend and dont even know if the ecm will fix it
Bro maybe done with doo stinks because the dealer is trying and close
I have never had any issues on my doos

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Sorry for the typos. When I use my phone it likes to believe it is smarter than me.

summitnewby - that very well can be a tether connection issue. Especially if there is no code and no extra beeps on start up. I have had riser bags bump tethers and such. I believe it was in early '13 some of the first produced sleds had some misformed DESS posts I think. I wouldn't rule out something simple.

Sometime around Christmas my sled had a day where it decided it was just going to be umb and 15-20 mins from the stagging area, beeped at me and shut off. 20 mins later, same thing. For the remainder of the day it would go through fits where it would do this 3-4 times then be good for an hour. Took it to the dealer and nothing. No codes as it wanted to do an update to the software first. Never a problem like that in the 2 years previous, and nothing since then until now I am way over max crank run out.

Once in awhile these sleds are going to see something they don't like and hopefully your dealer is great at trouble shooting.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Brought mine to dealer last week said it was both coils on sled they changed them started it up same thing this time buds said bad connector to stator mechanic checked then got book out and checked stator oms bad stator. Ended up being a couple melted wires in stator people were really nice over there ( high country skidoo in Larimie) out riding in Albany then to Cooke n they put everything a side pulled mine in n had it done in couple hours great guys good luck to anyone with this problem brp knows there having an issue did some searching on the web

1 - 10 of 10 Posts