Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have it as a spare sitting in the garage and just picked up a new Tundra 137 Sport. Will it fit? Anything interesting to do here?

1.Install as is? Will it turn it? Any real advantage at this power level?

2.Install and cut it down to 1.5-1.8 range? Kinda closer to the LT height.

3.Leave everything as is because the stock Cobra is as much track as the machince can use anyways.

I'm typically a guy who likes to mod and change things and like i said its sitting in the garage. I also like to have what I need when I need and it be a little too much otherwise....even though 90% of my use is not that deep of snow, the day I doo go try it will I be SOO happy I changed it or not see a huge difference.

Thx

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've gone from a 1.25 to a 1.75 on a renegade and the difference was amazing. I'm sure that putting a 2.25 on a tundra would be a lot of fun and very effective. If you were to look up some of the mods that TundraManDan and others have done as far as clutching or gearing to accommodate a larger profile track you'll get a sense of what will help you make the most of that track with the power you have. I had a 1.5" profile track on my '98 Skandic and never had to do any mods to the clutching or gearing. I'm operating near sea level, so I get lots of power though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i'm gonna wait on the swap and see how the cobra does. no big snow here now anyways

·
hater on all xrs and freeride owners that drive li
2,307 Posts
i know a fellow whom installed a 2.25 on his tundra sport 600ace and it has no problem turning it, he just tractors along. he was very happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts