Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I feel like anything would be better than my 08 500ss 120". I'm off all winter so I can ride any day off the week, and I do ride mostly on trail. I have also tried a 17 Mxz 129"(my dads sled). The couple of times we did get a decent storm I felt like I was severely limited to when and where I could ride because of the deep snow. I tried going out with my 120" sled and got stuck like 3 times. My cousin has a 800 freeride 146" and says he absolutely loves it on and off trial. he is also upgrading to the 2019 free ride 146 this year, and said now that hes rode a 146 he'll never go back to a smaller track. I just definitely would not want a huge paddle track I think a backcountry with a 146 1.6 ice cobra would be really good. I had almost zero complaints about the 18 backcountry I rode at the demo. the only thing I can say is that at the very beginning on the first corner it was a little tippy, but as soon as I knew that and adjusted and was prepared for it I had a great ride for the rest of the demo. the trails at the demo were pretty smooth as it was earlier on a Friday, so it wasn't super bumpy yet. I do a lot of riding around tug hill, and plan on buying a season pass for old forge next season when I get my 2019. (whatever it maybe yet)I'm still really undecided and with the time to put the money down on a new 2019 its really close to crunch time. I have nothing bad to say about a renegade cause I have never rode one, but I hear good and bad things about them both.

·
Registered
338 Posts
if the back country was 42 i wold change my renegade x for 2019 BCX shot .

you forgot front shock in the equation . i almost did go freeride 137 shot to make a white xrs shot start but i stop calculating on the front shock switching out .

i will keep my 2018 reny and make a 144 out off it .

·
Registered
33 Posts
I Spring Snow Checked a Doo 850 e-tec but felt I compromised. I was looking for a 90% trail sled with a Wide Trail ski stance and a longer track to effectively put the 850 power to the loose snow on the trails in Snow Country of U.P. Michigan. In my opinion the 137" Renegade X is too short. I did order this with the 1.6 Ice Cobra. I did not consider buying a BackX or FreeRide and widen the front end for trails as that's about $900 in parts.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Man we must be crazy out in sask lol my 18 bcx I’m going to 36” front end and putting the 40” front end of the bcx on the wife’s new 19 mxzx 600r . I personally hope I never have to ride a groomed trail in my life time though so no need for a big wide pig of a sled . I’m with skib on this

21 - 26 of 26 Posts