Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 2004 mxz 600sdi 8000km on it , i am only getting 130km to a full tank of gas . ran out on the trail twice this weekend . anyone ever heard of this problem? other than that it runs great beats my buddies 06 600 sdi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doo rider said:
how much do you put in when you fill it up.....If its not close to the 10 gallons then you might have the fuel pickup problem.
[snapback]718379[/snapback]​
i put about $28 gas at $1 or so a ltr i think that is close to 10 gallons. what do you mean by a pick up issue?
 

·
Doo Rider
Joined
·
3,170 Posts
if you are putting $28 in at $1 a litre...then you are only putting in 28 litres....tank holds 40 litres..

the pickup on some sleds did not reach the bottom of the tank...it had to be fixed by a dealer I believe. they extended the pickup to the bottom of the gas tank.
 

·
Registered
2013 XR 1200 Renegade X
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
doo rider said:
if you are putting $28 in at $1 a litre...then you are only putting in 28 litres....tank holds 40 litres..

the pickup on some sleds did not reach the bottom of the tank...it had to be fixed by a dealer I believe. they extended the pickup to the bottom of the gas tank.
[snapback]718388[/snapback]​
Exactly!!! Happened to a freind of mine!
 
G

·
spit said:
thank you all im gonna get this check out . does my gas gauge run off the pick up ? becuase it reads empty when i run out of gas
[snapback]718686[/snapback]​
Gas gauges are way out. I can run about 110 miles or so with my carbed 600H.O. but by about 80 miles the gauge says I'm on empty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,254 Posts
nbrenegade said:
I'm good for just over 250kms with my SDI and I find my pick up is too high in the tank because I can run it out with still 8-10 liters left in the tank......
[snapback]718660[/snapback]​
spit i'd check the pick-up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,723 Posts
stand on the running boards as you fill, at least 1 1/2 gallong to go when it seems to be full. you can also pull out the white palstic in the filler neck that causes some of this but I just straddele the sled while I fill. everyone I ride with doing this and we all get about the same extra gas in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,756 Posts
doo rider said:
how much do you put in when you fill it up.....If its not close to the 10 gallons then you might have the fuel pickup problem.
[snapback]718379[/snapback]​
Exactly, my 04 SDI starts to sputter after 7.5 gallons or so even though it holds 10 gallons = fuel pick up problems!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,113 Posts
05600sdi said:
doo rider said:
if you are putting $28 in at $1 a litre...then you are only putting in 28 litres....tank holds 40 litres..

the pickup on some sleds did not reach the bottom of the tank...it had to be fixed by a dealer I believe. they extended the pickup to the bottom of the gas tank.
[snapback]718388[/snapback]​
Exactly!!! Happened to a freind of mine!
[snapback]718632[/snapback]​
happened to me on the 04SDI... the pickup was getting hung up on the baffel... once back down I could use about 9 gals...
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top