Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who else is finding the 129s not being able to hang with the 120s in the tight twistys ?is it the ts ski ?? still working on it ,but i can run them down but loose ground in the turns .is it a better ride in the bumps at high speed ?i know alot haven't got alot of seat time yet ,and those that have might not ride like my crew does ,just looking for feed back . :wink_old:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Krm.... I finally got some more miles on my sled. I did not get the quick adjust package so I've got the 4" carbide on outside, 6" shaper in the middle.
Two of my riding buddies have my same sled except have the new ts ski, and they cannot hang with me... All day yesterday we were adjusting our sleds trying to get them
Setup... Mine is finally on rails! There's they just cannot get to handle that good, they are going to order the 7" replacement keel and try that.
I finally found that giving the front springs more pressure made all the difference in the world.

I set my rear sag to 2"
Coupler blocks on 3
Front skid spring very soft
Front skis at 1.75 almost to 2
All red knobs 8 clicks in from full soft...

Yesterday she was on rails and I am still grinning

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Tight trails up to Tuggers couple nights ago sleds were on rails, I had no problem running them at a good clip. I don't have TS skis but I've found the key seems to be keeping a lot of rebound dampening in the tight twisties.

My old man was hanging with his blizzard with the TS skis though. I didn't ride his through those trails so I can't personally comment.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Is everyone else finding that the front ski springs like to have a little pressure on them? I originally ran mine on 1 softest setting... Noticed cranking them down closer to 2 helped a lot, flatter cornering

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Is everyone else finding that the front ski springs like to have a little pressure on them? I originally ran mine on 1 softest setting... Noticed cranking them down closer to 2 helped a lot, flatter cornering

If that's the only adjustment you have on front shock then absolutely. More front sag= body roll. Less front sag= flatter conering.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes, I've got the X package. So I've got the spring itself that I can turn plus the red knob at the bottom of the spring which I have 8 clicks in from full soft

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Yes, I've got the X package. So I've got the spring itself that I can turn plus the red knob at the bottom of the spring which I have 8 clicks in from full soft

Set front sag 1" for aggressive riding or 2" for semi aggressive(more body roll). Then use your (red nob) rebound dampening to fine tune for conditions each day.

Full rebound dampening (to the left) will give most ski pressure. Be careful though, too much can be like pogo stick if you come into some big bangers. I adjust mine throughout the day.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I thought to the left was full soft? I could be wrong.
So set the sag with the spring then leave it, and turn red knob depending on conditions ? Makes sense...

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Krm.... I finally got some more miles on my sled. I did not get the quick adjust package so I've got the 4" carbide on outside, 6" shaper in the middle.
Two of my riding buddies have my same sled except have the new ts ski, and they cannot hang with me... All day yesterday we were adjusting our sleds trying to get them
Setup... Mine is finally on rails! There's they just cannot get to handle that good, they are going to order the 7" replacement keel and try that.
I finally found that giving the front springs more pressure made all the difference in the world.

I set my rear sag to 2"
Coupler blocks on 3

Good luck

ts skis on 2 sleds ,daul springs on front shocks in front from ian .limiter up 1 hole and 7 " runners on the ts skis .the other sleds with the pilots with daul 6 and 4" shapers rail .we even swap around sleds and my one bud was a pro snow cross guy for polaris and 3yrs. for brp .it's in the ski as i see it .thanks :wink_old:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
who else is finding the 129s not being able to hang with the 120s in the tight twistys ?is it the ts ski ?? still working on it ,but i can run them down but loose ground in the turns .is it a better ride in the bumps at high speed ?i know alot haven't got alot of seat time yet ,and those that have might not ride like my crew does ,just looking for feed back . :wink_old:
Imo it feels more planted than my 120" ever did at speed, in turns, and in the bumps. Have yet to run with a 120" in the twisties so can't comment there. Overall in 420 miles I'm a happy camper????

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've only ridden mine in nice fairly open trails, I haven't ridden in the tight twisters yet either.... But I know on the high speed sweeping trails it shines!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

I set my rear sag to 2"
Coupler blocks on 3

Good luck

The new skis are great for average rider or my wife who will benefit from easy adjust if she gets tired or on ice.

However the older skis with a set of shaper bars will bite much better.

I've got ts on again with the 7 inch woods carbide. One last try before I sell them and go back to the old style ski for good.

I will say the old style pilot darts more but who cares if they turn:)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

I set my rear sag to 2"
Coupler blocks on 3

Good luck

I don't understand why some shipped wit 4" and others with 7"? I was at my dealer with a friend yesterday picking up his new Enduro. They had 7 sleds on the floor with TS skis, all had 7" carbides. How did some sleds ship with 4" and others with 7"? My 16' X had 7" from the factory as well. Maybe a dealer option when ordering?

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
A good rider on a 174 can outrun a bad rider on a 120. Just saying.
umm, probably not in the tight trails anyhow. A good rider on a 137 can hang for a while but it wears them out after a while. I have a hard time imagining the 129 is hurting over the 120, probably the TS ski's. I guess I will keep my pilot R's for a couple more years.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I had a 137 last year and went to a 128 iron dawg. No comparison in tight trails. Mind you the pro 40s help...

·
Registered
622 Posts
i told this after i got the iron dog last year. the 120 is better in the tight stuff. the dog suspension is better though

1 - 20 of 26 Posts