Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done lot's of trips with 137" tunnel. Current cargo set up doesn't fit on 129". Looking for your successful set ups with 129". Pics and info would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,567 Posts
Tunnel bag and combo bag that goes on the seat.

07d0813226fa44dc01461ff32761231f.jpg

97608e1b4140076f3f68e40194b0aa53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
789 Posts
Purchase the up north technologies linq adapter plate for the 129" and you will be back to the 137" setup. The bracket is a little pricy but build quality is top notch and customer service is the same. It will allow you two linq brackets instead of just one. I had to get a new adapter plate for mine because of a fit issue. so I don't have pictures of mine all setup. You can do a search and find others who have one all setup.

Here is a link

https://upnorthtechnologies.com/shop/snowmobile-accessories/stand-alone-LINQ-adapter-bracket-systems/dual-position-stand-alone-LINQ-adapter-bracket-systems/dual-position-linq-adapter-bracket-for-ski-doo-rev-g4-129-applications/

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I had the saddlebags (Pro Extreme Gear) that I had used on my REV reworked to fit the Blizzard. I also have the SR21 bag too.

2019 Rev in Timmins - Copy.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've used the exact same setup as DareDog on two Canada trips. I wasn't gone 7 days but I easily could have taken enough stuff for that length of trip. Especially if you spread out the emergency/repair items among a group.
When I first got the saddle bag, I was convinced that thing would be in tatters by the end of the trip. Two trips later it looks like it's a day old.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all. I appreciate all your experience.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I installed the Dual LinQ adapter on our 129's last season. It lets you carry everything you can possible carry on the 137's. It's a great accessory for the 129's.

https://upnorthtechnologies.com/shop/snowmobile-accessories/stand-alone-LINQ-adapter-bracket-systems/dual-position-stand-alone-LINQ-adapter-bracket-systems/dual-position-linq-adapter-bracket-for-ski-doo-rev-g4-129-applications/
I went looking at this idea... promptly got sticker shock once I converted into Cdn funds. That's not even factoring into account the usual tariff/custom fees to be included. Certainly like the concept, sadly an expensive option for us north of the border.

Flyingdutchman - any other photos of your fuel-caddy/bag set up?

·
Registered
789 Posts
I went looking at this idea... promptly got sticker shock once I converted into Cdn funds. That's not even factoring into account the usual tariff/custom fees to be included. Certainly like the concept, sadly an expensive option for us north of the border.

You could always try to find an American friend to lose one while traveling over the border. Just sayin

·
Registered
250 Posts

Another couple of pics of my setup for long travels. The old tank bag has 4 adjustable straps on it. I thread those around the fuel caddy and buckle them up. It rests on top of the taillight.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
The Linq Adapter plate from Upnorth Technologies looks great and has a nice clean look. But $300 US is pricey. In my simplistic thinking and Dutch influence, I wonder if a similar product could be made from a cardboard template and a piece of 6 or 8 mil aluminum flat plate or polished aluminum checker plate at a local fabrication shop?

·
Registered
2022 XRS 900R
1,285 Posts
^^ I too like the idea of the Upnorth Technologies plate but find it price restrictive for the 1 or 2 saddle bag trips into Quebec each year, so I fabbed up a cheap simple unit to attach to the sled for the trips. I used a piece of cardboard to mock up what I wanted in my plate and then used a piece of 1/4" plywood and a 2"x4" and BRP hardware to attach it. I needed this to keep my back pack from covering up my brake light. More pics on next page.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Linq Adapter plate from Upnorth Technologies looks great and has a nice clean look. But $300 US is pricey. In my simplistic thinking and Dutch influence, I wonder if a similar product could be made from a cardboard template and a piece of 6 or 8 mil aluminum flat plate or polished aluminum checker plate at a local fabrication shop?
Done some digging around the interwebz last few days. There seems to be a few options that were out there, but some are now defunct.

Up North Technologies had a shroud/rack system that fir over the exchangers once avail for the Gade XPS. It could probably be mimiced for the 129" track easily enough.

White Out Technologies also had a similar rack/basket type attatchment, but their site seems fairly outdated and inactive

Vertech Tech had a rail/basket system, but again not sure if it is currently available.

During my google-fu searches, I came across a thread here on Doo-Talk in the XS Renegade forum where someone had made a similar system to Up North using diamond checker plating.

If I had access to carbon fiber sheeting, I could come with a variant of the UPT version. I'd just need to see their bracket/mounting system and be able to go from there.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Speaking to a chap @ the Toronto sled show yesterday. They had a quite a selection of cargo bags & gear. They have gear that is made specifically for each brand.

An XP chassis 'doo had a set of saddlebags on it. Their design was similar to my reworked bag, plus an added feature to keep the bags from sliding forward.

http://www.cytnorth.ca/snow-gear/

I see on their website that they will be @ the Kawartha Sledarama show in Peterborough next month.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

Yep it would be about 450 cad in the end. I want it but that's just way too much for a adapter plate.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yep it would be about 450 cad in the end. I want it but that's just way too much for a adapter plate.
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Alot of $$ for just a plate and mounting brackets. Still looking into an alternative for the UN product though

1 - 20 of 32 Posts