Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your real world results with a 1250 motor with crank shop tuned pipes?
Told the sled made 238 hp on the dyno.
How are these motor?
Any parts out there for them?
And info? Tweaks or tricks??
Thinking of buying one

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
One of the early 05 Mach tuners, who was one of the first to run CS pipes, opted for the 1250 kit and said it was the worst performance increase per dollar spent of any mod he did to the 1000 SDI. Chuck Hamrah had a 1250 Renegade that won many events including a couple of shootouts. I guess if you have the same tuning abilities as Chuck then it may be the right choice. Chuck did have some porting that woke up the 1250 package. The average sledder may find this mod more than he/she could handle. PM me if you are interested in getting some specifics of the porting as I did have a connection who built one of Chuck's ported big blocks.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sled I'm looking at I think I can buy it for the right price and it's got the motor with super low time on it, fuel controler, puoes, ect ect and is super super clean sled.
And I'm pretty good with clutching ect and think with adding an air fuel guage and some spray I can make it run.
I'll message you

·
Registered
415 Posts
I had one years back and installed a big thunder nitrous kit on it. Back then it was pretty quick. I had good luck with it. Now with the big turbo sleds it wouldn't compete as well. However if you're running against non turbo sleds you would do fine. Now I have a Precision Sports turbo and there's no comparison.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I STILL HAVE MINE..JUST OVER 3000 MILES SINCE I BUILT IT BACK IN 2008 ....BUT ITS GETTING TRIED..........I PUT LOW COMPRESSION DOMES IN MINE SO I COULD RUN PUMP GAS...MADED 218 HP ON THE DYNO........LOVE IT...............GARY

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I had one years back and installed a big thunder nitrous kit on it. Back then it was pretty quick. I had good luck with it. Now with the big turbo sleds it wouldn't compete as well. However if you're running against non turbo sleds you would do fine. Now I have a Precision Sports turbo and there's no comparison.
I remember your sled well Jeff, it did run good. Dale Larson of Big Thunder also ran one that was pretty stout. None of the ones that were performers were just bolted on....lots of tuning involved. When it was cold out they were a booger to start. It was a two man job, one to pull the rope and another to push the electric start button.

Reactions: onapull

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
I STILL HAVE MINE..JUST OVER 3000 MILES SINCE I BUILT IT BACK IN 2008 ....BUT ITS GETTING TRIED..........I PUT LOW COMPRESSION DOMES IN MINE SO I COULD RUN PUMP GAS...MADED 218 HP ON THE DYNO........LOVE IT...............GARY
What are you running for fuel controller and who made the domes????

·
Registered
554 Posts
I agree about controller and the 1250 pour the fuel to it and some good clutching nothing crazy needed as far as porting 220 hp is common, I have had chuckaroo and bikeman no power difference. I have a new 1250 spare if anyone is interested in one

·
Registered
317 Posts
Seems rare to find a 4 injector boony. Do they even make one anymore?
I called Boondocker, was told they could update my 2 inj box to the 4 inj setup with the additional harness and a current reflash. I don't remember the exact amount, but do remember it would've costed me more than what I bought the box used for.

I always thought it was weird that the box controlled the 2 small injectors instead of the 2 large injectors!

My CS1240 has been done and sitting on the bench for 2 years and I cant seem time to get it buttoned up :(

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
I called Boondocker, was told they could update my 2 inj box to the 4 inj setup with the additional harness and a current reflash. I don't remember the exact amount, but do remember it would've costed me more than what I bought the box used for.

I always thought it was weird that the box controlled the 2 small injectors instead of the 2 large injectors!

My CS1240 has been done and sitting on the bench for 2 years and I cant seem time to get it buttoned up :(
They controlled the small injector because it is the only injector that fires all of the time. This way they could add or subtract fuel through the entire RPM range.

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
Sounds like there's really no need for a 4 injector?
If you are trying to add a lot of fuel you can max out the small injectors. You make the small injectors run in their non linear range so results can be inconsistent. The four injector setup was designed to add enough fuel when using their nitrous setup. Too long of inject time can also cause additional issues with the very short window of time when engine is at high RPM. Another reason to limit RPM when modding the 1000 SDI and using stock ECU.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts