Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this posted in the General Sledding forum. According to this, the XRS is available with the 1200!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
652 Posts
bracing, running boards, shocks, seat I think. Biggest thing you can't get on your X is running boards from xrs and internal bracing I think.

Also, no. Take a look at 2016, it also has the 1200 listed in the XRS,X category and they didn't offer it last year. That XRS,X category means 800xrs 600xrs 1200x 800x 600x.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Looking at Spring ordering a 2017 1200 x. I have seen online where they offer a xrs shock upgrade package. Talked to the dealer and he said If I did that I would get my x package shocks in a box brand new never touched. He said the xrs shocks would be on the sled when I pick it up. Curious if anyone has done this first of all and secondly what are the x package shocks worth brand new? Just trying to figure out what the true cost will be by going this route when counting on selling the x shocks.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Be careful on those XRS shocks. They'll most likely be set up for a 600/800 etec and won't be an upgrade at all unless you get them set up properly.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Be careful on those XRS shocks. They'll most likely be set up for a 600/800 etec and won't be an upgrade at all unless you get them set up properly.
Little confused as to what you mean by this? As far as valving goes your talking about a sled that weighs what 30-40 pounds more? I know that isn't the issue so I guess im slightly confused on what you mean by they are "Setup for a 800/600".

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I use 800etec kyb pro 40's, stock they will work ok, they need a little stiffer spring, the optional 120 rate spring would work better, stock is 90 rate but you can get by with them if you low ride the sled and your a smaller guy

·
Registered
502 Posts
The 40 extra pounds directly over the skis makes a big difference in how the shocks will perform and how the sled will handle different combinations of bumps.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Also the KYB Pro 40 XRS shocks are anywhere from 3/4" to an 1" longer than the 16 1200 Blizzard shocks. This is also a big deal for handling. You don't want the extra weight of the 1200 to sit any higher than it has to. They key to these is having them balanced.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts