Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
i am new to the 1200 market, actually, still have a 800, but tried 2 1200's so far that went great.. i read here that pk Hp is 7800-8400 rpm almost.. I will surely get more top speed if i increase RPM?? but on the Edrive, it must cost $$$ with all the ramps unless just a spring would do it.. what do you suggest... the 1200 pulls like the 800 until 80-85 mph, after it looses on top speed maxing out at 99mph vs 104 mph for the 800.. (GPS same day).. so would increasing RPM not be the first thing to do?? how will this affect gas mileage?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Lots of threads on here talking about that same thing. You are correct in that 83-8400 is just under the limiter and they run much better at that rpm. I am running aftermarket goodies that increase rpm and run with stockers and our mileage is usually within $1.00 at fill ups, sometimes I pay less and other times more than the stockers.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I think part of the reason they run better at that RPM, is when that happen they are running better, and therefore hit that RPM. Just a theory.
Mine was molesting the rev limiter yesterday, running strong at -35. Clutched for lower rpm it would probably pull as hard, but suck when the weather warms up. So I think clutching it higher is more about it staying in the powerband on warmer days.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it must be at 8300 in perfect conditions say -20 Celcius on hardpack.. so it comes down to 8000 in so so conditions i guess?.. just a primary spring thing i guess?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
My experience is that it does not change that much with temps. Maybe 100 but not 300 as they just have so much torque. They are very forgiving when it comes to clutching provided you have a clutch combination that works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts