Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was listening to the news today. There has been 12 people killed already this year. Last year there was a total of 14 and we have two months of sledding left. They said that the up and down weather has been a factor due to icey trails. Alcohol, high speed, and riding in the dark were factors in just about all incidents.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
TeamScream said:
I was listening to the news today. There has been 12 people killed already this year. Last year there was a total of 14 and we have two months of sledding left. They said that the up and down weather has been a factor due to icey trails. Alcohol, high speed, and riding in the dark were factors in just about all incidents.

[snapback]690378[/snapback]​
I was amazed at how thin the ice still is for the end on jannuary. normally 2 feet, only 6" this weekend.

I was braking through in some spots, my ski's were getting wet! The ice is not consistant, know your lakes, and the thin spots!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I just pulled my house off of Ottertail and it was 12" of ice, 9" of water and 3" of ice on top in that order. Weird walking on it. What a mess!!! My fish house had 12" of water on the floor inside. Luckily it didn't take much to chip it out. I can't imagine riding sled on the ice now!

·
Registered
498 Posts
My mom and stepdad have a house on ottertail thought about riding there soon maybe not now.

G

·
TeamScream said:

[snapback]690378[/snapback]​
I believe that 15 persons have been killed in Ontario and the season for many hasn`t really gotten started yet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts