Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Ski-Dooer
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to get prepared for this season, just wondering what some dootalkers think are the best mods to do.

·
Ski-Dooer
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tunnel reinforcements, tunnel bag and jerry can for sure. probe a boss seat, but it doesn't look like you can take a passenger very comfortably.

Clutch kits, floating secondary, sled wraps, track? anyone...

·
Ski-Dooer
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Here is my list:
-rpm 2 piece belly pan protector
-1.375" ice attack
-7" adjustable Doo riser
-14" one piece windshield
-large tunnel bag
-floating secondary
-temp and compass gauge module
-complete GNR bracing (if money was no object)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Here is my list:
-rpm 2 piece belly pan protector
-1.375" ice attack
-7" adjustable Doo riser
-14" one piece windshield
-large tunnel bag
-floating secondary
-temp and compass gauge module
-complete GNR bracing (if money was no object)
why buy a backcountry if your gonna take off the track and put a small lug on?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Bergstrom carbides
96 1.87" studs
premium gauge module
10" riser
mirrors
tank bag/map holder

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,820 Posts
My list;

2011 Renegade X 800 Etec
GNR Complete brace kit (ordered)
1.375 ice attack track (ordered)
Rav-Tek Air Shock kit (0rdered)
Compass and temp gauge module (have it)
Outside ski runner (have it)
Gas Caddy (have it)
Tunnel Bag (have it)

Didn't order a BCX I just don't think I would use it enough where we ride, just wanted to add my list ha!

·
Ski-Dooer
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So why the Air Shock kit?

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,820 Posts
So why the Air Shock kit?
Im a sucker for trying new stuff and have always wanted to try the Team Fast stuff. My dad has the identicle sled to me but is keeping the stock shocks so we can compare. Even our 09 renegades we put the Zbrox X1's on them they made a huge difference in ride. IMO the two absolute best things you can spend money on are clutching and suspension screw bolt on's for performance etc improve the ride and handling first then worry about a little clutching and enjoy the thing. For us we ride 200 mile days so comfort with big bump compliance is important. We will compare the assault air shocks to stock and see how they perform if they are better pops will have a set asap as well. IMO thats the best money spent on an XP along with the GNR braces.

·
Ski-Dooer
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got Fox Floats on my 06 Gade and I love them, but I don't think the price outweighs the benefits. Stock shocks are also very good, I'd rather have a well clutched sled then spend the money again on suspension

·
Registered
485 Posts
definately all the g n r bracing and rpm skidplate other than that whatever u want but those r a must and saved me on mine last year first brand new sled i ever owned and first sled to hit a rock with go figure

·
Registered
3,793 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
grip n rip bracing, qsr adj, clutch kit, axle spacer,iso vibe, qiuck disconect,rpm belly skid and arm protection, rack,saw holder, float sec,sno bungy.. lots of gas and oil....

·
Ski-Dooer
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
grip n rip bracing, qsr adj, clutch kit, axle spacer,iso vibe, qiuck disconect,rpm belly skid and arm protection, rack,saw holder, float sec,sno bungy.. lots of gas and oil....
quick disconnect what? What type of saw holder?

·
Registered
427 Posts
sway bar quick disc, and the hand saw of your choice we rivet the case to the tunnel, don't forget the board stiffners.

·
Ski-Dooer
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
good call. Who makes different sway bar disconnect kits?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nasty,

the only thing you should be worried about is an auto-fill mechanism for your oil reservoir
(just kidding brother --- INSIDE JOKE).

I have the 10 BCX and it's a dream sled, especially for our location and riding style. Lab put the quick disconnect kit on his (Doo has one, and there is another aftermarket vendor that has one) and it's awesome. It's great to be able to disconnect when playing in the hills etc and re-connect for the ride home. I have it on mine for this year.

The track has more than enough lug and with the clutching and gearing, you'll have tons of traction for where you are going.

Obviously the tunnel braces are a must have as are the skid plate, a-arm protectors etc.

But outside of that, your not going to need much in terms of mods or add-ons...This sled will make you smile right through your helmet.

One thing I would buy is the temp sensor add on for your gauge pod. It's just over $100 but is worth having your temp show up on your gauge all the time.

Hope to see you over our way again this year.

·
Ski-Dooer
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nasty,

the only thing you should be worried about is an auto-fill mechanism for your oil reservoir
(just kidding brother --- INSIDE JOKE).

I have the 10 BCX and it's a dream sled, especially for our location and riding style. Lab put the quick disconnect kit on his (Doo has one, and there is another aftermarket vendor that has one) and it's awesome. It's great to be able to disconnect when playing in the hills etc and re-connect for the ride home. I have it on mine for this year.

The track has more than enough lug and with the clutching and gearing, you'll have tons of traction for where you are going.

Obviously the tunnel braces are a must have as are the skid plate, a-arm protectors etc.

But outside of that, your not going to need much in terms of mods or add-ons...This sled will make you smile right through your helmet.

One thing I would buy is the temp sensor add on for your gauge pod. It's just over $100 but is worth having your temp show up on your gauge all the time.

Hope to see you over our way again this year.
I just need to remember that I should always check to see if the tanks are full myself and check where to get warranty work done to make sure its covered even when I'm told yes and yes.

I almost caved in and got an '10BCX last year, hope the switch to E-TEC from P-TEK won't be a problem. I'm going to order the quick disconnect too, my '05 Gade doesn't have the sway bar in anymore and it's sometimes a bitch in the trails. Just ask my buddy who was driving it and hit a patch of lemon meringue pie drifts, barely visible, he had a quick disconnect of his body from the sled and his shoulder from its socket and the ball on the bone from the bone. I don't mind driving with it out, but i'm used to it.

More than enough lug for sure, debating studs. Clutching and gearing for sure. Y pipe and air box mods too. Tunnel braces, skid plates, a arm protectors, GnR bracing too probably, never know when theres a stump or a rock. Maybe a wrap, maybe an an exhaust, debating it for now. Temp gauge, 12V, GPS mount, etc...

Hope to make it sometime this winter. Theres a FaceBook group "North Highland Trails" for where I ride at in CB, there's a bunch of pics up if you wanna have a look see. Separated from the "Highlands" trail system by the National Park (still no corridor).

stopped by the LHB site-
The e-mail/username information submitted could not be found.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts