Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Guys....

Is it just me or is anyone else getting depressed when reading threads here?...I used to love coming here and seeing radar speeds,clutching tips ect ect...Now it seems like every thread is another problem with the 1000sdi...

I too have had my share of issues,but more then anything I'M dissapointed... my 06 mach hasnt lived up to my expectation in the speed dept....Meaning top end.

My 99 bone stock ran 126mph when new....this new 1000sdi with more HP and less weight wont even come near 126...best of 120.6 so far....

Also,more and more buds are having issues with machs and buying apexs,and honestly,Im thinking of doing the same...I've bled yellow for 25 years or so,and I'VE NEVER felt so nervous about riding a new sled,just waiting for it to throw flames,lose a crank,drop some rings/pistons,have a ERave cable come apart,have a pyramid bolt come lose,have my seconday blow up,have a jackshaft bearing blow apart,have my clutch arms blow apart,have my clutch bolt break,or my favorite,starting on FIRE! *%@!

the list is sooo long of sdi1000 problems!...DID BRP ever test this sled???????

Its tough when you can buy and apex,and hold it to the bar for a 10 miles stretch,over and over and over,and you cant hurt that motor...the apex suspension takes the moguls like ive never seen...rode buds thru some huge whoops and darn that thing sucked them up...

i dont want this to turn into an apex vs mach thread...so PLEASE DONT DO THAT GUYS!...what i do want is to just vent about this sled...i truly am starting to feel BRP has a MAJOR problem on their hands with the mach...and all you guys ive talked to on the phone i KNOW we all feel the same...we love DOOS and machs,and would do anything to make them work well...but this is ridiculous,we cannot even work on these things,the dealers have to with there BUDS system so we are stuck paying 90/hr to have them looked after.

I miss my ck3 triple,at least i could jet her the way i wanted and she would rock!...too bad she handled like crap.

I wish someone would just come with a carb setup for our machs,so we could keep the awesome handling RT chassis and jet her to be held WOT for long lakes...i would bet 170hp would then run 130mph every time.

Sorry for the ranting!...i just cant take it anymore...i think my mach is going on the selling block guys,sure warrantee is covering all this year but next season I dont want to be paying for pistons,cranks and whatever else goes wrong.season is short and i need to ride,not wait for sled at dealer.

Wish you guys all the luck with the mach...if anyone is intersted in mine let me know....most of you all know ive customized mine alot,its IMMACULATE with less then 300 miles still....studs are like new too...its a NYS registrered sled,anyone in NY looking for one let me know.

Dan

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
machzed said:
Guys....

Is it just me or is anyone else getting depressed when reading threads here?...I used to love coming here and seeing radar speeds,clutching tips ect ect...Now it seems like every thread is another problem with the 1000sdi...

I too have had my share of issues,but more then anything I'M dissapointed... my 06 mach hasnt lived up to my expectation in the speed dept....Meaning top end.

My 99 bone stock ran 126mph when new....this new 1000sdi with more HP and less weight wont even come near 126...best of 120.6 so far....

Also,more and more buds are having issues with machs and buying apexs,and honestly,Im thinking of doing the same...I've bled yellow for 25 years or so,and I'VE NEVER felt so nervous about riding a new sled,just waiting for it to throw flames,lose a crank,drop some rings/pistons,have a ERave cable come apart,have a pyramid bolt come lose,have my seconday blow up,have a jackshaft bearing blow apart,have my clutch arms blow apart,have my clutch bolt break,or my favorite,starting on FIRE! *%@!

Its tough when you can buy and apex,and hold it to the bar for a 10 miles stretch,over and over and over,and you cant hurt that motor...the apex suspension takes the moguls like ive never seen...rode buds thru some huge whoops and darn that thing sucked them up...

i dont want this to turn into an apex vs mach thread...so PLEASE DONT DO THAT GUYS!...what i do want is to just vent about this sled...i truly am starting to feel BRP has a MAJOR problem on their hands with the mach...and all you guys ive talked to on the phone i KNOW we all feel the same...we love DOOS and machs,and would do anything to make them work well...but this is ridiculous,we cannot even work on these things,the dealers have to with there BUDS system so we are stuck paying 90/hr to have them looked after.

I miss my ck3 triple,at least i could jet her the way i wanted and she would rock!...too bad she handled like crap.

I wish someone would just come with a carb setup for our machs,so we could keep the awesome handling RT chassis and jet her to be held WOT for long lakes...i would bet 170hp would then run 130mph every time.

Sorry for the ranting!...i just cant take it anymore...i think my mach is going on the selling block guys,sure warrantee is covering all this year but next season I dont want to be paying for pistons,cranks and whatever else goes wrong.season is short and i need to ride,not wait for sled at dealer.

Wish you guys all the luck with the mach...if anyone is intersted in mine let me know....most of you all know ive customized mine alot,its IMMACULATE with less then 300 miles still....studs are like new too...its a NYS registrered sled,anyone in NY looking for one let me know.

Dan
[snapback]700467[/snapback]​
Dan is that all that trips your trigger is going super sonic down a plowed lake strip? I think sometimes people get caught up in a few negative threads and then they think the sky is falling down?? my quess is that the overall failure rate on theses engines is very small!! And if you think that the Yamaha is going to be your cureall sled then i say go for it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
machzed said:

Thats funny Dan I pulled a guy off of Lake St. Peter Sat. who had blown his Supercharged Apex up....... 500 whole miles on odometer. $5000 US for kit .... he said he thought he would come out on the Lake and teach some lessons to us Mach guys.... he sure taught me one.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Hey Dan,you need your sled back pritty bad eh.Knock on wood mine has been zero free for troubles,besides fuel starvation last year and flooding.I spent all day yesterday with a Yamaha Attack and I hear what your saying,it is hands down better in the chassis department,suspension is plush when riding hard over 2 foot mogals and that engine has amazing throttle response,low end torque is good but fades out on top end.Motor wise the 1000 has it beat ,but you don't feel the weight of the Yamaha,my sled is for sale as of today also.Yamaha is asking a arm and a leg for sure for there sled,but, for my area a light weight sled is in order.
I do love my Mach,power house that has treated me well.

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
machzed said:
Guys....

Dan
I don't want to make this sound like a big Doo bash because I know I've come on here and made some very strong statements against Doo's engine durability. I felt just like you Machzed and at first it was dissopointment and then it turned into anger. Thats where alot of my bashing comes from. I guess if I didn't own two Rev's then it wouldn't bother me. I had every intention of buying a 06 Mach Z but all the talk about problems steered me away. Yesterday I talked to a freind who is a Doo mechanic at one of our local dealers and he told me the Mach is nothing but trouble and BRP is clueless. Your not the only one having major problems with your Mach. I think BRP is going to have to think a bit more about their comitment to 2 stroke engines for the future of their sleds. The more complicated they make these two strokes the more problematic they are becoming. The only problem is if you want the fastest stock sled out there you are stuck with the Mach. The Apex is fast but from what you have posted in the past your Mach will beat it easily when it's running right.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I wasn't going to post here but changed my mind.

The last I remember reading from you, was, that you were very happy with this sled and it was plenty fast enough and you didn't even think you had a slower top end problem (maybe I am remembering wrong)

Are you having all these issues with your sled or are you having them because the internet says you are. These small issues are no more than they ever were and no more than the other manufacturers, onezy and twozys here and there same as always and the same as the others except now we have all of them right here in front of us.

If you want to go back to changing jets - be my guest - not me, I'll take a Boondocker box anyday over changing jets. No sleds will have jets shortly so you better get used to it.

No CK3 Mach or any other make, ever went 120 out of the box with out the same work these take.

I think we now have people whinning because others are whinning and thats sad.

I don't mind going fast for top end once in a while but to me it's much more gratifying to actually beat someone, an actual race, and this sled is a main contender and winner. Sure your gonna get beat but so is every one else, someones always faster.

I think if all your interested in with this sled is going as fast as it will go in who knows what distance then you better learn how to make it go, or, as you said SELL it.

This may be a bit harsh but enough already. I know you will respond but I won't.

Warlock

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mach-ster said:
machzed said:
Guys....

Dan
Dan is that all that trips your trigger is going super sonic down a plowed lake strip? I think sometimes people get caught up in a few negative threads and then they think the sky is falling down?? my quess is that the overall failure rate on theses engines is very small!! And if you think that the Yamaha is going to be your cureall sled then i say go for it.
[snapback]700515[/snapback]​
correct me if i am wrong dan but if my memory serves me correctly you were singing the praises of the 06 and were getting frustrated with all the complaints. however we rode in minocqua and little st. germain last week and raced and rode some apex's and the 06 was able to flat out beat them all. one guy i raced couldn't believe how i beat him as he has raced many mach's and he told me this was the fastest mach he has seen. my brother and his buddy both have apex's those were the other 2 i raced. maybe your 06 was fast during breakin mode and then got slow. this happened to both mine and my buddies until we got hte 06.5 cold start udate and he and i went out testing on castle rock lake and that new program really woke them up. i would say it is very close to my non updated 05. we were getting between 126 and 128 on the speedo where as before the update 110 was difficult. rode an apex and they are awesome in the bumps but power feels flat after about 80 or 90. good luck

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
machz903 said:
Mach-ster said:
machzed said:
Guys....

Dan
correct me if i am wrong dan but if my memory serves me correctly you were singing the praises of the 06 and were getting frustrated with all the complaints. however we rode in minocqua and little st. germain last week and raced and rode some apex's and the 06 was able to flat out beat them all. one guy i raced couldn't believe how i beat him as he has raced many mach's and he told me this was the fastest mach he has seen. my brother and his buddy both have apex's those were the other 2 i raced. maybe your 06 was fast during breakin mode and then got slow. this happened to both mine and my buddies until we got hte 06.5 cold start udate and he and i went out testing on castle rock lake and that new program really woke them up. i would say it is very close to my non updated 05. we were getting between 126 and 128 on the speedo where as before the update 110 was difficult. rode an apex and they are awesome in the bumps but power feels flat after about 80 or 90. good luck
[snapback]700591[/snapback]​
The ONLY difference in the new mapping is a slight enrichment at the bottom to keep it running. How can that cause a sled to go 18 mph faster? That is like adding larger pilot jets to a carbed sled and then saying it ran faster. The only way this is possible is if Doo is not telling all about the latest mapping and changed either fuel delivery or timing or both.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I personally think this is one of the best sleds BRP has produced, sure there are some problems, but over all if you like to trail ride it does the job. BRP's customer service sucks - i'll say that - but i love my mach and will stick with it - no yamaha for me - i've ridden one and enjoy the ride of the mach hands down. The ranting has gotten to be a bit much on here - i love doo talk for its technical help and i thinks its good to post problems so if others have them its known about......but to give up on a sled because of internet waves of disappointment - doesn't make sense to me. I haven't run a stock ck3 mach that will beat mine in a drag race - infact there have been no stocks sleds go past me except for lame clutch set up's i've been trying. Just my opinion though -

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
machzrobbie said:
I personally think this is one of the best sleds BRP has produced, sure there are some problems, but over all if you like to trail ride it does the job. BRP's customer service sucks - i'll say that - but i love my mach and will stick with it - no yamaha for me - i've ridden one and enjoy the ride of the mach hands down. The ranting has gotten to be a bit much on here - i love doo talk for its technical help and i thinks its good to post problems so if others have them its known about......but to give up on a sled because of internet waves of disappointment - doesn't make sense to me. I haven't run a stock ck3 mach that will beat mine in a drag race - infact there have been no stocks sleds go past me except for lame clutch set up's i've been trying. Just my opinion though -
[snapback]700667[/snapback]​
The Yamaha Apex may work for some, but I rode my Apex GT for over 300 miles and then traded it to go back to Ski Doo. On paper and looking it over, it looks pretty good. But it does not ride or handle and where near what the REV does. The Apex is a high tech machine, but if your not smiling at the end of the day it really doesn't matter much....

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
I think that this is a very good snowmobile and the frustrating part for me has been the top end withdrawal. The more I have thought about this the more I remember last year - with help of my buddy reminding me - and the fact it took most of the winter and lots of tuning and great conditions to acheive the speeds we were getting. This years sled is hands down quicker and much better accelerating and I have yet to be beat by a trail sled in a 1500 to 2000 foot race. A bit further or fast approaching the only thing that goes by me is my buddies F9.

This past weekend I rode from North Bay to Latchford. In the bumps this sled is not fun and is to heavy but I tell you as soon as we got on some groomed flat long straight away trails I would trade it for nothing. You can only go so fast so full top end is not needed in my books until you hit the lake or radar track. I am not one to bounce the bumps so I go as slow as I can over them so no matter what sled I had I would have I would ride it that way in the bumps.

I was a bit "edit for bad language" when my sled started leaking antifreeze and we found the culprit the waterpump nuts loosened off and the gasket walked out but a bit of improvision and the sled ran and made it back no problems and loving most of the ride.

Yes there are problems and yes I want more top end. Have not had the right conditions to see if I can repeat last years speeds so I will remain optimistic but I bought this sled as what it was advertised as a lake racer and I feel it should keep pulling and it does not. Is this weather or is it something in the motor and electronics I think the latter but hopefully I will be proved wrong.

I have mixed feelings for next year and with the large cost of these sleds and only 1 year warranty I cannot for the life of me think of keeping this sled without another year warranty. If Doo fixes things so we get a second year warranty in this poor season this would go a long ways for public relations.

Spike

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
MAchzed.

Just wondering, how many of these problems have you personally had?

I read alot of the threads on here and take most of them for what there worth.
someone blowing things out of proportion.

The Apex is a nice sled I'll grant you that,but if I was happy with a sled that will only run 115mph on a bad day then I would have stuck with my 03.5 morgan.
it handled rough trails better then the yamaha and is a lot lighter, and a pile cheaper to fix.

Another thing some guys are saying is we can't do anything to these mach's because of the fuel injection are forgeting that the apex is fuel injected to,So same problems.

I'll agree with you about BRP not standing up to the plate like the current industry
leader should, is at times enough to make you want to drive down to Valcor and punch someone out.
But all in all this is a very good sled.
It's really fast,good on fuel,handles really well with a good set of ski's installed, and the biggest thing it puts a BIG sh&% EATING GRIN ON MY FACE EVERY TIME I DRIVE IT.
That one thing alone is something no sled out of the box has ever done for me before,And I have owned better then 20 sleds.

In the end it's your desission to go over to the ********* side, but remember it will most likely be a mach-z's tail light you will be seeing.

Sorry to loss you.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys...I appreciate all the feedback and I agree i love my mach in every dept vs the apex...it outhandles apex,it outpulls apex,and over all i love it...

my problem is i feel this sled out of warrantee will end up leaving me broke....this is what i was trying to convey in my post....I just like the fact the apex is a 4 stroke motor which you can hold to the bar forever....we run lakes alot here and reliability of 2 strokes on these big lakes isnt too great.

Warlock,my 99 mach STOCK ran 125.9mph on a very accurate gun...2 stock 98s that same day ran 127+ on same gun...possibly just a good day??...but it DID happen.

I guess ALOT if this DOES have to do with ALL the negative things i keep hearing and reading with 1000s issues....everyday more problems...IF you talk to a apex guy there big issues are bad idler wheels and poor heaters,which is a walk in the park next to some of these SDI issues.

I guess i just feel like if i keep this sled next season,its like a ticking time bomb...for now warrantee keeps me at ease....In past i always felt my triple 809 ck3 was "LE RELIABLE" I could hold it and she would never quit,even after mods it was bulletproof....I just feel the SDI has not been tested and proven at all.

I agree,with my NEED FOR SPEED,i wont be very happy with an apex,as i know my mach can walk all over the apex,but with a turbo or SC it COULD be a reliable 130-140mph all day long..?????...

The reason i have always put up with all the quirks of the mach was cause it was the fastest sled out there,period....but if it starts having BIG problems like cranks,fires,pistons,ect ect...that could get expensive..

anyone know what the extended warrantee costs?..

I should get my sled back this week,and hopefully i will be able to ride and put some postive miles on and i will be happy once again,its just when all your buds are now riding apexs and machs are always in shop,makes you think about jumping ship!...

Dan

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey Dan, I feel for ya bud but hopefully when you get your sled everything will be OK and you will have some renewed faith in the mach and brp.

Both the Mach and Apex are great sleds but are entirely different beasts. After picking up my Apex on friday and putting on 350miles I can safely say it suits my riding style perfectly and I'm glad I made the change. I enjoyed my mach immensely but was fed up with the issues I had been plauged with all season and decided it was time to bail. I took a chance on buying an apex without having any seat time on one but I can honestly say it is better than I could have imagined. I will continue to monitor the mach board as it have been doing so religiously since I bought my 05 more than a year ago and it has grown to be a second home
...I'll have an extensive classified posting coming shortly

·
Registered
371 Posts
machzed said:
Guys....

Dan
That is why mine is gone!! Mime ran great, but all of the POTENTIAL problems and the sh&%tiest winter ever. I may buy a cheap CK3 or a 99 T-cat just to fool around on next year??

·
Registered
522 Posts
I cannot remember hardly any weekends where we had cold or even cool temps. I have been going up to the Bancroft area since Xmas and it has been really mild every weekend. We have not had anywhere to test except lakes covered with 6-8in of sloppy snow, but I can say that in those conditions my 05 with 05 mapping and Bills domes and trail kit, and my brother in-laws 06 with Bills domes and just pinweight are pretty even..... how are you going to get 130mph out of the Apex Dan?
$$$$

·
Registered
388 Posts
I couldnt have said it better myself Matt. I also bought the 05 mach to be the fastest on my lake, and I was. I went to an Attak this winter and just love it. Its super dependable, gets great MPG, handles pretty good for a heavy sled and did I mention is super dependable!!! Just gas and go. I have had a couple idler wheels delaminate, and the hand warmers are less than impressive, but that my only complaint's. I didnt think it was the fastest sled out there when i bought it, but the power is impressive and only gets better with time. I will honestly say I will never buy a 2 stroke again.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Hey Gummy that is where I ride all the time as well.

I was sitting on Lk St Peter on Friday helping a bud set up his NOS on his BM 800.

Who had the Apex turbo?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
We all have remember how new this seld...and technology is.....anyone remember back to 94 when the first mach z came out????? took a good 5 yrs for them to perfect it to the 99, which was the probably the fastest stock mach to that date, and that was with carb's(which has come along way from the old tilitsons) Alot of guys don't remeber playing with the hr and hd's
The ck3 was a good sled in its day.......and will still go fast....but i'll keep my RT thank you.

I'm just talking about one sled, and one manufacturer - I've fixed alot of these things, and they've all had their problems and growing pains. How bout the original v max??? I still remeber sending him to the back of the line - they had to run so much oil through that thing to keep it from blowing up - it was like an old smoke screen.......and i won't even touch the artic cat camp - nope too many bad memories of fixen friends artic scrape on the sides if the trail

·
Registered
213 Posts
MachZ990 said:
machz903 said:
Mach-ster said:
machzed said:
Guys....

Dan
[snapback]700591[/snapback]​
The ONLY difference in the new mapping is a slight enrichment at the bottom to keep it running. How can that cause a sled to go 18 mph faster? That is like adding larger pilot jets to a carbed sled and then saying it ran faster. The only way this is possible is if Doo is not telling all about the latest mapping and changed either fuel delivery or timing or both.
[snapback]700659[/snapback]​
990 if you believe everything that brp tells you than i got a bridge or 2 to sell you. just the fact that brp emphasized that there was no performance gains with this update was enough to convince me that there would be.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.