Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 4 quotes, here are the average prices I got for the Mach and Renegade 1000's. Spring order only, no trade, no incentives. This is down right stupid

Mach X: $10, 400
Renegade : 10, 620

Most dealers told me that every sled had gone up around $800 a piece. Factory increases with no incentives. I am done with Ski-Doo.

Say bye, bye to Ski-dopo boys. The new owners are showing they're true greedy colors.

Maybe it's really time for a four-stroke,maybe it's time for a moon BRP.
:doomOOn:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excuse Canada Boy?

With TWO MXZ500's, one grand Touring, and one Yamaha, you gonna tell me to go where?

BTW: What was that OTD price again, up there for the Mach Z "X"

$12,500+?

I got every right to be here and vent if I feel the need. I wanted a new Mach Z, and now that ain't gonna happen, even though I live in New England and have snow to ride on.

Just relaying the info, that's all.

Simma down, maple leaf.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey Zilla if you think the prices are gonna be any different at another manufacturer then have at it. They are all going to have high prices on their flagship sleds. It sucks but you gotta pay to play. I feel the same way. These high prices suck. Might be able to afford the Freestyle

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am not pushing any brand, but the new apex can be purchased for 9k - My only _ONLY point is other mfgs are dealing more.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
$800 for X shocks really isnt too outrageous. Im not saying Im in the market for one, or that this is a cheap sled- but if you look at how much more a usual X in an MXZ is compared to an Adreneline, its not much of a different hike. As for the inflation, it sucks but most big ticket items I can think of have gone this way across the board. I was thinking about an earlier post about the MXZ X prices and I wasnt thinking that I bought a non SDI 600, so taking that in consideration, although we dont have to like it, inflation is inflation. No reason to scream bloody murder.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Wait till you see the Cat and Polairs price increases, the Yammies are probably dumping the sleds to get market share increases.

When all is said and done it looks like the MachZ gade is about $16000.00 cdn including taxes.................OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

·
Registered
392 Posts
THE SAYING IS OLD BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, YOU WANT CHEAP YOUR GONNA GET CHEAP. APEX ISN'T EVEN COMPARABLE TO A RENEGADE 1000X SDI.I WOULD PAY 10,5000 FOR A 1000 SKI-DOO BEFORE I'D PAY 9,500 FOR A STINKIN APEX.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I jumped ship from Poo and have to agree BRP charges more for the basics then Poo ever did.

2.5 Gallons for $400 mineral. My local dealer wants $50 for 2 gallons. Windshileds.. are at least $50 more.. plus you have to buy a mounting kit sepearte...

Bought a belly pan protector... oh you need to buy a mounting kit seperate also..... BRP is paying down the dpet from the purchase... ASAP while they are number 1 in sales....

Right now they have the best product...but someday.... no brand loyalty here.......

The pic to the right is me when I as how much at the parts counter..... lol.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
lets think about this. for one we all by a sled on the average of 7,000.00 to 8,000.00 then over the course of 2 years and for some riders only one year, we dump another 3,000.00 into it on mods and looks. so now we are at the price of the 1000 X.

Also market force is a big issue. they know they have the BEST SLED on the market and in turn they will have the most expensive sled on the market. this is common marketing. Hello and good morning corporate AMERICA!!!!

Last, do what i doo and save 4,000.00 and that being buy the 2006 ski doo in November 2006 and not in November 2005. After the season is always cheaper than preseason, hince look at what we all do when looking for apparell and other items in the same category, we go in the spring.

my $0.02

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
godzilla said:
Well, after 4 quotes, here are the average prices I got for the Mach and Renegade 1000's. Spring order only, no trade, no incentives. This is down right stupid

Most dealers told me that every sled had gone up around $800 a piece. Factory increases with no incentives. I am done with Ski-Doo.

Say bye, bye to Ski-dopo boys. The new owners are showing they're true greedy colors.

[snapback]313911[/snapback]​
You're expecting a Corvette for the price of an Accord, good luck. Yes $10K is nuts for a sled but that's the way it is. Relative to the prices on everything else it's in line.

Buy a Rev 800, should be less than the Yammi and I would bet it's still twice the sled.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
What's so out of line with those prices? I paid $10,000 for my '05 Mach. So for $400.00 more you are getting good shocks. I hope I can get those better shocks for $400.00, don't think so. I am actually happy to see them hold the prices fairly constant, because then my '05 won't take such a huge hit when I go to sell it. Anybody jumpin' ship due to prices, all I can tell you is go, but don't be bitchin' when all you are seein' is Ski doo snow flaps. Somebody brought up the yamidogs, for one set-up with the good shocks and everything, it still was around $10,000. And, it's 20 hp down to the 1000.........HA HA

The only problem I have with Ski Doo is their customer relations, with problem solving. Finding yourself a good dealer though, eases that pain.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Sorry, that is $40 for 2.5 gallons of Poo mineral oil

·
Registered
385 Posts
godzilla said:

[snapback]313911[/snapback]​
TROLL go back to the YAMI board

·
Registered
209 Posts
godzilla said:
Excuse Canada Boy?

With TWO MXZ500's, one grand Touring, and one Yamaha, you gonna tell me to go where?

$12,500+?

I got every right to be here and vent if I feel the need. I wanted a new Mach Z, and now that ain't gonna happen, even though I live in New England and have snow to ride on.

Simma down, maple leaf.

[snapback]313927[/snapback]​
The U.S.$ has lost about $.08 to the Cdn$ in the last year. That's $8/hundred for anyone from the U.S who buys anything imported from here. If you don't pay more then the manufacturer takes the hit.If your cost to buy a Canadian built sled increases buy anything less than 8% for '06 you should be happy. You don't have to like it but that's the way it is up here when the" shoe is on the other foot"
That being said, I will have to call my dealer and see where things are for '06. Maybe I'll be sharing the hit with you.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The price of steel and aluminum have skyrocketed. It's supply an demand...for the materials and then for the sleds. Look how few Mach Z's there was last year , most dealers only had three or four. Also consider how bad this year has been for snowfall. There are probaly many dealers sitting out there with their hands on their "edit for bad language" with all that 2005 inventory. So when it comes to selling a spring order sled don't expect them to cut crazy deals. If want a great deal on a great sled buy 05 left over, there everywhere and the dealers are ready to dump them in fear they will have to hold them til next year. If you are buying an MXZ there is no good reason to overpay for an 06 unless you want the X package. And for those guys who complain and say they are going somewhere else......well don't let the door hit you in the "edit for bad language" on the way out! It's the same everywhere.

·
Registered
345 Posts
godzilla said:
Excuse Canada Boy?

$12,500+?

Simma down, maple leaf.

[snapback]313927[/snapback]​
No offence dude, but if the new Rev/Doo's prices have you PO'd, I'd strongly suggest avoiding Yamaha's site with listed MSRP's...they won't help your mood.

This advice from a friendly Maple Leaf (though I hate hockey...hope the NHL goes bankrupt).

·
Registered
222 Posts
liquid said:
THE SAYING IS OLD BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, YOU WANT CHEAP YOUR GONNA GET CHEAP. APEX ISN'T EVEN COMPARABLE TO A RENEGADE 1000X SDI.I WOULD PAY 10,5000 FOR A 1000 SKI-DOO BEFORE I'D PAY 9,500 FOR A STINKIN APEX.
[snapback]313971[/snapback]​
I agree, you get what you pay for. But all I read about is the 2003-2004 sleds blowing up left and right. My sleds in the past (Yamaha) may not ride as good as my new one(05 Gade), but they all have over 8000 miles on them without any major engine problems.
If I get 5000-6000 on my Gade without any major problems it will be money well spent. If not, I sure won't feel like I got what I paid for. I feel if they are going to jack up the prices, they should at least build an all around quality product. The jury is still out on my new one, but if continues to be reliable, my next sled will be a Doo.

·
Registered
206 Posts
crafty said:
I am not pushing any brand, but the new apex can be purchased for 9k - My only _ONLY point is other mfgs are dealing more.
[snapback]313947[/snapback]​
Here's some pricing of 2006 Yamaha's from a dealer in NY for comparison purposes.

2006 APEX RTX WITH REVERSE List $10,499 Sell $8,749
APEX MOUNTAIN List $10,599 Sell $8,829
APEX GT List $10,899 Sell $9,109

2006 Yamaha pricing

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I also think the pricing is getting out of control now. I really dont mind paying $10,000 for a so called top of the line sled. But when you pay that much you don't expect to get a 99 cent glow in the dark fuel gauge that never works or your front A arm bushings to be shot at 1000 miles or your rings to be flaking and the dealer says sorry thats not under warranty, you expect better quality and better dealer service shame on BRP. I,m keeping a close eye on polaris in the future

1 - 20 of 45 Posts