Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my dealer do the upgrade to the cover (plastic) on the coolant pump (under the engine). My question is... I looked at the new cover next to the cover they took off. They looked exactly the same. The part numbers were different by 2 numbers. New was 420812342 Old was 420812340. They both are plastic. Does anyone know if the new plastic cover is better than the old and if it will expand at the same rate as the aluminum of then engine. Why didn't they upgrade this piece with an aluminum cover? any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
500 Posts
What I know about this issue is that the 05 cover accepted a square rubber gasket and the 06 uses a round o ring type gasket and it sucks.
Mine has been done twice and if it happens again we will put the 05 setup on the 06 machzx...
The junk plastic cover leaks because the plastic compresses when it warms up.
I looked into having an aluminum cover made but the cover on the sled has very precise baffels to evenly cool the motor..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlueMax said:
The parts supplied in the coolant leak update Bulletin 2006-8 are the same parts that were on the original 05 Mach Z. They basically installed the 05 parts on the 06. There were no issues with coolant leaks from the plastic cover on the 05 Machs.
[snapback]723516[/snapback]​
The new cover looks exactly the same as the old one. Both have the same o-ring gasket, but the part numbers are different. I didn't know if it the injection moulding was different or what. any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts