Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang,
This will be the last year our 6 year old twins will fit on the front of our sleds. We are looking to go to the 1+1 seat set up for next year. Both machines are X models which as they stand do not except the 1+1 package. Thats too bad because we love the X seats when its just us riding.

I have 2 questions

1. Can you access the trunk with the 1+1 seat on the sled?
2. Does anyone know if the short racing seat (440X) will work with the 1+1?

I'm guessing that the regular X seat won't work because the 1+1 uses a bracket that mounts in the area that the seat occupies. But would the 440X seat provide the necessary room for the 1+1 bracket?

Thoughts?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yellow Fever said:
I have 2 questions

1. Can you access the trunk with the 1+1 seat on the sled?
2. Does anyone know if the short racing seat (440X) will work with the 1+1?

[snapback]702365[/snapback]​
1. Yes. The seat replaces the trunk cover.

2. Not sure, but my guess would be no.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm still debating on the 1 + 1... I know you can still use the trunk, though the mounting hardware does take up some room, and it only works on the standard Rev seat... I know it comes in 3 different colors.... Black/silver, Black/Black, Black/Yellow... You might wanna check out ebay.. I know that there's typically a couple on there.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been dreading losing the X seats but I knew it was coming. Since I'll be buying new seats anyway I was hoping the racing seat would work. At least you can use the trunk with the 1+1. Thats a plus. Any room is better than the X trunk (my only complaint).

Thanks for the help. Keep it coming.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Yellow Fever said:
I've been dreading losing the X seats but I knew it was coming. Since I'll be buying new seats anyway I was hoping the racing seat would work. At least you can use the trunk with the 1+1. Thats a plus. Any room is better than the X trunk (my only complaint).

Thanks for the help. Keep it coming.
[snapback]702518[/snapback]​
you can modify the short seat to be exactly like the X. you just need to get a rounded peice of foam and glue it in under the liner. the liner will stretch to fit, and feel exactly like the X. I was just looking at my adrenaline this wekend.

just a thought

·
Registered
106 Posts
You might wanna look into saddle bags when you add the seat... You can pick up a nice pair on ebay, (aftermarket) for less than $60, then take them off when you take the seat off...

It is a real easy flip, the mounting hardware stays in place and the seat just a release on the back... take of the plastic storage cover, pop the seat on and your off. My dealer showed me how easy it was last week...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I've got my 1+1 seat on my 04 and it won't come off, I've gotten it off maybe 3 times after trying and trying and am resigned to just leaving it on as it doesn't weigh more than 20 lbs and doesn't look all that bad, just that I look like a touring-guy when I'm a 100% ya-hoo, but no matter, I'm out hooning like everyone else. I think I'll just get a bag for the back of the tunnel and forsake the storage under the seat as the thing just won't come off easily at all and I don't know why, I've tried everything except for taking the rubber/fuel-line off the mounting tabs on the frame/sled.

The seat does work great though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an 06 600SDI Renegade with the 1+1. I also have a 2 up 06GTX. Be careful with the 1+1 and make sure your kids feet will reach the running boards. My 8 year old daughter, who is above average height wise and very athletic has trouble with her feet being flat on the running boards. The 1+1 kit comes with foot rests that mount to the boards, and these are raised slightly, so that helps. But I would have your kids sit on a 1+1 and see if they reach all the way. With the GTX this is not a prbolem. As for the ride, the Renegade makes the ride great for the passenger and the rider. Perfect 1 rider and 2 rider combo!

The 1+1 is the best thing going as far as versatility, but for some reason, it sits up very high. I do not think it will work with the X seats. Just my 2 cents worth. LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an 06 600SDI Renegade with the 1+1. I also have a 2 up 06GTX. Be careful with the 1+1 and make sure your kids feet will reach the running boards. My 8 year old daughter, who is above average height wise and very athletic has trouble with her feet being flat on the running boards. The 1+1 kit comes with foot rests that mount to the boards, and these are raised slightly, so that helps. But I would have your kids sit on a 1+1 and see if they reach all the way. With the GTX this is not a prbolem. As for the ride, the Renegade makes the ride great for the passenger and the rider. Perfect 1 rider and 2 rider combo!

The 1+1 is the best thing going as far as versatility, but for some reason, it sits up very high. I do not think it will work with the X seats. Just my 2 cents worth. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts