Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1.750 track

970 views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  mxzeatr 
#1 ·
05' 800 121'' 600 miles every out side paddle came off, dealer said delamination, DOO said abuse. sled has only 2 trips to the UP. any one ever see this?

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Randy (Paul Aris on here) just had this happen to his 1.65" lug snocross track... see the attached thread. He has a picture of the track with the losted lugs about half way down the first page. My guess is that Camoplast must have had some problems when molding .. for a batch of tracks.. I am running 2" and don't usually do any trail riding but got stuck riding with some buds on the trails last week.. and we weren't wasting any time .. and I still have all my lugs... so I don't think it is typical... with tall lugs.. It is more likely for one to tear a corner or two off a lug catching it on a rock.. I have three sleds with 151's with 2 inch.. and have never experienced the problem.. nor have I with any of the 136 x 2" that we are running.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86427&hl=

You would probably have a better chance of warranting it thru Camoplast rather then skidoo. What kind of abuse did doo tell you that the track had? High speed?

#3 ·
djm said:
Randy (Paul Aris on here) just had this happen to his 1.65" lug snocross track... see the attached thread. He has a picture of the track with the losted lugs about half way down the first page. My guess is that Camoplast must have had some problems when molding .. for a batch of tracks.. I am running 2" and don't usually do any trail riding but got stuck riding with some buds on the trails last week.. and we weren't wasting any time .. and I still have all my lugs... so I don't think it is typical... with tall lugs.. It is more likely for one to tear a corner or two off a lug catching it on a rock.. I have three sleds with 151's with 2 inch.. and have never experienced the problem.. nor have I with any of the 136 x 2" that we are running.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86427&hl=

You would probably have a better chance of warranting it thru Camoplast rather then skidoo. What kind of abuse did doo tell you that the track had? High speed?
[snapback]711568[/snapback]​
Yup mine is junk. The ride I lost them on everybody I was with showed zero track wear. I put a 1.5" ripsaw on my sled and rode it this weekend. It hooks up reall well and shows zero wear.

#5 ·
ROTT said:
That is what will happen with a deep lug track on trails. Plain and simple, seen a lot of deep lugs tracks like that.
[snapback]712121[/snapback]​
Interesting.. I have ridden with nothing but 2" lugs for the last four years.. even put 350 miles on trails last week much to my disgust... must confess I don't like doing that.. as I prefer boondocking.. but the group I was with .. ..I had trouble getting them off the perfectly smooth trails last week... I have never seen that.. happen. Never seen more then a corner or one or two lugs ripped off of track due to catching on a rock.. in the mountains..

But I suspect sustained high speed might have that effect. I don't remember seeing any speed rating notes on the tracks though when purchasing them.. and they are kind of self policing as it is hard to get a those big fans going much over 95 mph.. unless you have serious horsepower...

#6 ·
ROTT said:
That is what will happen with a deep lug track on trails. Plain and simple, seen a lot of deep lugs tracks like that.
^
^
^

What??? we have two 2003 440x 1.65" lug tracks. trail ride, cross country and the tracks have 90 plus studs. NOT ONE LUG is gone. PLUS my track has 40 1 inch holes drilled out.. ALL LUGS ARE IN THESE 2003 sleds. sorry you just have a bad track. sorry joev

#7 ·
joev said:
ROTT said:
^
^
^

What??? we have two 2003 440x 1.65" lug tracks. trail ride, cross country and the tracks have 90 plus studs. NOT ONE LUG is gone. PLUS my track has 40 1 inch holes drilled out.. ALL LUGS ARE IN THESE 2003 sleds. sorry you just have a bad track. sorry joev
[snapback]712194[/snapback]​
My 03 440 track did not rip lugs off either. I my have had a couple rip up higher after 3000 miles. My biggest problem before was studs ripping out.

#8 ·
My buddy has 2300km of trail riding on his 1.75" and has very minimal wear, no missing lugs.

#11 ·
I ran a 2" paddle on my 01 summit and put 1400 Wisconsin/Iowa miles on it with zero problems, showed only slight wear on lug tips until last ride before I sold her. It had snowed heavy and highways were covered. This was going to be probably the last ride of the year as I was selling sled to move into a rev. After a few too many stops along the trail I decided to head home and instead of the ditch I just put it on the highway and gave her HELL one last time. A nice 3 mile straight just ahead, no traffic, just the place. Upon returning home I put sled on stand and let thaw out through the night. The next morning I was missing 9 lugs total all on the outside 6 on one side 3 on the other. Thought to myself this will help the resale NOT!! I was telling my dealer when I was spring checking about it and before I could explain to him exactly how I done it he said: "High speed over long distance destroys paddle tracks" I have to agree...

#15 ·
I know on the 03's it is common for people that have the beaver delete kits to have excessive lugs ripped off. This is caused form snow and ice build up and then rubing on the track because the heat exchanger does not go all the way to the back of the tunnel. My track on my 03 with a beaver delete kit looked as if I spun sh!tties on dry pavement!!!

#16 ·
Paul_Aris said:
summit22 said:
I have an 04 144 with 2 inch lugs and I have 4,000 miles of crappy snow conditions here in MI and all my lugs are still intact. I do lots of trail riding and racing so I ride it like it is a 1 incher.
[snapback]713098[/snapback]​
It must have something to do with a bad batch of tracks on the 04 440s.
[snapback]713174[/snapback]​
It was a known problem in 04. The 03 440 tracks were fine, but the 04 tracks were largely junk. The tracks that the 800 factory mods used were much better with taller lugs. No one ever admitted whether there was a problem at Campolast or whether the design called for a harder compound that wouldn't flex.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.