Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
My wife and I had the Ice Cobra 1.6 on our sleds. With 2000 miles on them so far we have not had one lug missing. I'm pretty good about when we get back to camp, to knock off as much ice under the tunnel as I can. I'm pretty sure that's the issue. I personally loved the track. Ever had any issues with it and it felt like it stuck where I wanted it to when I wanted it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a 1.6 IC on a ‘18 and a ‘19 Renegade and neither one made it through the first season. One got bad around 900 miles, and the other made it almost 2000. Both times BRP covered replacement and the dealer covered install.

·
Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS ordered// 2019 BC 850- 16,238miles traded
8,231 Posts
theres no doubt these 850 build up extreme ice in the tunnel but i think alot of it i poor cooling 1 ply and what conditions you put that track through

·
Registered
149 Posts
theres no doubt these 850 build up extreme ice in the tunnel but i think alot of it i poor cooling 1 ply and what conditions you put that track through
Could it be setup of the rear sag? Just wondering if some of the build up can be dialed out. Or maybe a silicone spray we can treat the under side that will help? How about A vinyl wrap on the parts that aren't for cooling.
Just a thought

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,537 Posts
Could it be setup of the rear sag? Just wondering if some of the build up can be dialed out. Or maybe a silicone spray we can treat the under side that will help? How about A vinyl wrap on the parts that aren't for cooling.
Just a thought

LOL,You Don't want to be spraying Anything on the Heat exchange ,If you do you''ll be in for many long days of over heating .

·
Registered
742 Posts
I've found the Gen 4 chassis runs gfar cooler than previous models. Temps on the g4's I ran were about 120 in good snow conditions. Others running previous models were always higher.

The snow build up is due to the design of the rear tunnel and how it wraps around. No I haven't done any tests or experiments etc. It's pretty obvious that is the cause. Ice logs build up in there. Sucks the track gets chewed when that happens. I ran a 150 storm last year and it looked brand new after 2500 miles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
MIne was replaced under warrenty. They bought track, I did labor, and they gave me $650 gift card for my troubles. Dealer needs to stick up for you, and you need to persue it to the next level with doo.
What dealership did you work with? And what person at that dealership did you work with? Thanks!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Camoplast or Doo should be standing behind these tracks....snow and ice on a snowmobile, who would have thought such a thing?
I was riding Cat turbos for a couple years and they build ice just as much as my 850 if not more.
I used to kick the ice and break it loose on my Cat's till I noticed a nice split on my right boot. small mallet does the trick now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I had a 1.6 IC on a '18 and a '19 Renegade and neither one made it through the first season. One got bad around 900 miles, and the other made it almost 2000. Both times BRP covered replacement and the dealer covered install.
So how did you convince BRP to replace the track? What dealership did you work with? Names?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Say...just wondering if the folks having issues are running the 16" wide version or the 15" wide version? 9249C or 9246C?? Also...anyone try 45* cutting the outer lugs and or find a hotter running thermostat? Thanks for any info....was looking at adding this track to the wife's 2020 but having second thoughts now

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Say...just wondering if the folks having issues are running the 16" wide version or the 15" wide version? 9249C or 9246C?? Also...anyone try 45* cutting the outer lugs and or find a hotter running thermostat? Thanks for any info....was looking at adding this track to the wife's 2020 but having second thoughts now

Do yourself a favor and get the storm track. Far superior and you don't have to f around cutting lugs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get the storm track. Far superior and you don't have to f around cutting lugs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Ordered the ice storm 1.5 today!! Looks like the ticket...thanks

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The 2019 XRS 129 I just bought is coming with a 1.6 ice cobra if anyone wants it. I'd let it go fairly cheap, can't speak to condition till I see it next week but has 2200 miles. I'm a trail rider so 1.25 rip2 for me

·
Registered
17 Posts
MIne was replaced under warrenty. They bought track, I did labor, and they gave me $650 gift card for my troubles. Dealer needs to stick up for you, and you need to persue it to the next level with doo.
What dealer? I shot out lugs at 1k miles my dealer is saying they can't do anything.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Ran the ice storm on my shorty last year, better in the snow and slush, terrible on the ice. If you've got an 850 and like big carbides, good luck loading into trailer, crossing roads, maneuvering around parking lots, gas stations. Definitely a track for minimal ice, not a good choice here in NH. People that got the track warrantied but paid the labor, Oops. Legally, a warranty claim is not let's make a deal. It's a claim, parts and labor. So, an unscrupulous dealer gets your track warrantied, but tells you to pay the labor. Guess what, you paid him and I'll bet Doo paid him too ! May be time for a new dealer.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts