Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d like to hear your thoughts on the 1.6 cobra with igrip screw in studs. I would run the st-25r as it is suggested on their website. I had an ice cobra on an old renegade and it gave me just a bit of added confidence when things were crispy or there was a bare spot on the lake. I figured these would be a nice light option on my backcountry 600r. Also thinking I might be able to get away without tunnel protectors since the sled easily clears a 2” track. Thoughts?

·
Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS 850
9,114 Posts
i had the setup in question on my 2019 BC. still spun on pure ice very very easily, might have braked a little better than no studs at all? i have since ran 2 full seasons with a 2ply 1.75 lug with no studs and like it alot better. the 1 ply cobra lugs fold over when you need them compared to 2 ply rubber. looking back, i would save my money this time around and not buy the screw studs for a cobra track. others may not agree but its my 2 cents on the subject .

Reactions: Trojan366

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im running them on my 21. I agree with mike0 a bit.. I mean they are better then no studs... but they don't hook like true studs. I do find that they help a bit with cooling in the hard pack.
I've never been a huge fan of studs. I like to ride a bit looser. I just liked that the ice cobra would stay fairly straight on glare ice. If you let off the throttle on the lake it didn't instantly want to come around. Also helped pulling in and out of gas stations and road crossings. I'm not looking to drag race, just a bit of added stability when conditions are crispy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts