Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.75 tracks from the early revs are much easier to find than 1.5's and if i don't stud it i've heard that i'm good to go. Will a couple extra pounds call for a gear change? 02 440. If some of you really think that a couple extra pounds calls for gear changes then porting it should be able to shave off 1lb to 2 lb?

·
My keyboard expels profanity
4,296 Posts
1.75 tracks from the early revs are much easier to find than 1.5's and if i don't stud it i've heard that i'm good to go. Will a couple extra pounds call for a gear change? 02 440. If some of you really think that a couple extra pounds calls for gear changes then porting it should be able to shave off 1lb to 2 lb?
I theorize that you may be overthinking this. Porting the track may lose some weight but it wont change the fact that youve got all that new lug creating resistance through traction. It would also help to know what track you arecurrently running, If its within .25 of the new 1.75 I wouldnt worry too much until you ride it. If its more than that I would plan on gearing down. Youve got two teeth to lose on the top sprocket before things get complicated anyway, just give us some more info on your current setup.

Motorola phone , fat rims, and a Kenwood,
Buffy

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I theorize that you may be overthinking this. Porting the track may lose some weight but it wont change the fact that youve got all that new lug creating resistance through traction. It would also help to know what track you arecurrently running, If its within .25 of the new 1.75 I wouldnt worry too much until you ride it. If its more than that I would plan on gearing down. Youve got two teeth to lose on the top sprocket before things get complicated anyway, just give us some more info on your current setup.

Motorola phone , fat rims, and a Kenwood,
Buffy
2002 MXZX 440. I just bought it last winter and have had to fix problems ever since. But my track is the stock 02 racing track with 1.5 lugs and partial studs( 8 years puts A LOT of abuse on a track)!!!. No clue what gearing i have i wouldn't doubt that it's stock. I believe that the sled was raced, but the only thing that i have found as a mod so far was a stiffer secondary spring.

·
My keyboard expels profanity
4,296 Posts
2002 MXZX 440. I just bought it last winter and have had to fix problems ever since. But my track is the stock 02 racing track with 1.5 lugs and partial studs( 8 years puts A LOT of abuse on a track)!!!. No clue what gearing i have i wouldn't doubt that it's stock. I believe that the sled was raced, but the only thing that i have found as a mod so far was a stiffer secondary spring.
With that fact set in mind I would just ride it and see how you like it. Unless you are Johnny Holeshot Wheelie Monger it will probably be fine.

Smoke up Johnny,
Buffy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts