Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Semi-professional Opinion Maker
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Talon T38(1.5") track and thought I had my stud situation figured out. Now the more I research I do I'm thinking I dont. I was planning on putting Stud Boy 1.625 power point plus' in it. What I seem to be reading now is these are more for single ply tracks, where the talon is a 2 ply. I can't seem to find any studs that are 1.625 tall that arnt for a single play track. Am I looking for the wrong size here? I don't want to ice drag the sled. I ride 90% groomed trail and all I want is 84 up the center incase I come across and icy hill or corner. Any advice on what kind of studs to run or if I can run the single ply studs in the 2 ply track without issue or if I should be looking for a different size would be greatly appreciated.

·
I'm not new
25,743 Posts
I ran stud boy studs in my 1.5" intense track which was a 2ply track.

Can't remember exactly what studs they were though...let me see if I can dig something up.

·
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just dug back.

Stud boy power points 1.625 is what I put in. They are for a double ply track...at least in 2011 they were.

I would go with double backers too.

This pattern.

http://www.studboytraction.com/studpatterns/08XPRSDouble.pdf

photo%2520%25283%2529.JPG
Is this a more desirable pattern because the studs are less likely to pull out with the double set up? Or is it a better pattern for traction vs. a single stud set up?

·
1,003 Posts

·
I'm not new
25,743 Posts
Is this a more desirable pattern because the studs are less likely to pull out with the double set up? Or is it a better pattern for traction vs. a single stud set up?
I did it for strength and less likely pull outs.

That pattern hooked up like a mofo too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts