Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything I need to do in order to install a 1.5 inch lug track on my sled? Or can I just bolt it on and ride away.

Thanks for any input.

steve

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you go to a 1.5 lug track you will want to go from the stock 22/43 gearing and go to a 21/43 setup.....that is alot of track to move with stock gearing for the 500SS or even a 600HO. I had a 1.625 lug track on my 04 REV 600HO and the stock gearing had a big old bog out of the hole...switched to the 21/43 gear ratio and bog gone. Cudney's have the gears for real cheap and will not have so use different chain with that either...just pull off the old top gear and throw on the new...you have to pop the chaincase cover anyways to swap the tracks so no added time required. Hope this helps! REV8MN

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Yup,. deff. drop down one teeth, or even two if your not concerned with top end. The 1.5'' will hook up like a bat outa hell! You will be real impressed, both on AND off trail. Leave your buddies in the DUST (IN the short drags) with this track... HAve fun...Bolt her on and GO!

·
Registered
714 Posts
yeller said:
Don't forget a lot of replacement slides. I know the 1.25 is hard on slides.
[snapback]277182[/snapback]​
I don't think you will have any more problems with slider wear wtih an 1.5 over your stock track. I have a 2 inch and ride in marginal snow conditions and I don't have any hyfax problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts