Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a lot of off trail playing and I want to change out the stock track for one with more bite. will a 1.5" track fit under without mods, and will it work without melting sliders, or would a 1.25 be better. I also heard that 16" wides fit under stock, does anyone make them in 121"? thanks for the help

·
Registered
714 Posts
I am pretty sure an 1.5 will fit without any problems. I think you would be real happy with it especially if you do a lot of off trail playing. I have never noticed any difference in slider wear on my summits compared to an mxz.

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
A 2 inch will fit

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
2" will fit under ZX chassis with no special changes???Just Curious??
Yes.

·
Registered
244 Posts
anyone know what the longest stud is that will fit the zx chassis without causing damage? will a 1 3/8"lugged track with 1.6 studs fit?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I've got 01-800 / 01-700 mxz's and installed 1.75" tracks for the mountains and
they work great!!--i've ran em around (when we get snow) which seems to be a
very RARE occurance!!!--good luck.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I agree, 2" will fit, friend did it with drop brackets.
I have 1.75" studs in mine and they do drag on the tunnel
a bit when the track free wheels. I have drop brackets on
though too.

Jay

·
Registered
164 Posts
mxz600 said:
I agree, 2" will fit, friend did it with drop brackets.
I have 1.75" studs in mine and they do drag on the tunnel
a bit when the track free wheels. I have drop brackets on
though too.

Jay
[snapback]266790[/snapback]​
so i guess the way to go is drop brackets to get a 1.5 or larger track to work properly? where do you guys get these drop brackets?

·
Registered
123 Posts
1 3/8 track will hold 1.450 studs i put the 13/8 track on mine this yeari like it got it from tracks usa same track thats on the f7 sno pro but 15 ''
wide if your sled is stock and you ride packed trails i believe that anything bigger would be tough to spin for a stock sled without clutching mods.

·
Registered
164 Posts
700xDoo said:
1 3/8 track will hold 1.450 studs i put the 13/8 track on mine this yeari like it got it from tracks usa same track thats on the f7 sno pro but 15 ''
wide if your sled is stock and you ride packed trails i believe that anything bigger would be tough to spin for a stock sled without clutching mods.
[snapback]273796[/snapback]​
The only reason i ask is because i bought a 1.75 track from a 2004 mxz 440x
and it dosen,t look like it is going to fit w/o hitting. I don,t need to worry about getting the track too spin its to get it not to spin.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I put a 1.75 on mine and was told that if i went to a 2 inch i would have to change my drive gears.......mine is a zx......its tight on my sled.....maybe set up differently?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts