Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched this topic and found that I'm not the only one that has had trouble taking this seat on and off. I have one stuck on my '04. it will not come off. It appears that the 'button' on the back of the seat is not releasing the seat from the pin that sticks up on the bracket. I even went so far as to take the shrouds off the back of the tunnel and loosen the nut that holds the pin on just in case it needed to slide back or tilt a little in order to come off. After loosening that nut I gave it one final tug and much to my dismay I heard a snapping sound. The molded plastic piece on the bottom of the seat broke.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did the dealer warranty the seat? After what I paid for this thing it shouldn't have these issues. And I'm not a muscle bound steroid monster. This shouldn't have snapped. Kinda makes me a little worried about the quality of this unit. Too bad. It was awesome to be able to take the wife along. She said it was reasonably comfortable. Any dealers on here know if this will be warranteed? This is a great REV feature...hope they take care of me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the dealer install mine when I purchased it. I happened to be there just as they were finishing up and I decided to try to put it on and take it off myself. The same thing happened (except mine didn't break...just stuck on and the button wouldn't do anything). We realized the "pin" on the bracket was set too high and instead of latching where it was supposed to, the seat had clipped on too far down on the pin. The adjusted the pin to lower it down and it's been A1 ever since. Sorry about the seat breaking but great that the dealer warrantied it. Just check the pin if it is still a little hard to get on and off...

later
Eastcoast

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I thought this issue was resolved but here I am a week later with no replacement seat. The dealer sent mine to BRP to have it "looked at" after telling me I was 'all set under warranty'. I think I am about to get the shaft. I did learn that the 'new' models have a metal undercarriage, not a plastic one. That alone tells me that there was a problem with the design. They don't change materials for no reason. BRP supposedly received the seat this morning and 'might' get to it today. Meanwhile we just received enough snow to ride on and I can't take my daughter which was one of the reasons I bought a REV - for the 1+1 feature. This thing was almost $400 and it was on my sled for an hour...2 miles putting around the house. I guess this is the famous crappy BRP customer service I have heard so much about.

·
Registered
546 Posts
catconvert said:
Well I thought this issue was resolved but here I am a week later with no replacement seat. The dealer sent mine to BRP to have it "looked at" after telling me I was 'all set under warranty'. I think I am about to get the shaft. I did learn that the 'new' models have a metal undercarriage, not a plastic one. That alone tells me that there was a problem with the design. They don't change materials for no reason. BRP supposedly received the seat this morning and 'might' get to it today. Meanwhile we just received enough snow to ride on and I can't take my daughter which was one of the reasons I bought a REV - for the 1+1 feature. This thing was almost $400 and it was on my sled for an hour...2 miles putting around the house. I guess this is the famous crappy BRP customer service I have heard so much about.
[snapback]275774[/snapback]​
actually the old seat moulds were cast metal and they weighed about 20 lbs more than the new composite moulded ones . i traded mine in for the composite and it did'nt quite fit as well as the metal one so i had to file a little off of the hook are that hooks onto the metal bracket on the sled. it was'nt the pin or latch mechanism , it was the binding between the two hooks that hold the seat on. some of the brackets also have a peice of rubber hose on the pins where the seat hooks go under. i had to remove the rubber hose to give a little more play for the seat to fit right. works great now. a little fine tuning because they are not all exactly the same. good luck with a replacement!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They warranteed it and gave me the metal framed one. I like it a lot better. And after spending about 20 minutes getting the pin adjusted it snaps on and off easily. The new one may weigh a little more (I don't think it's 20 pounds more - maybe 10 at the most) but as easily as the other one snapped I feel a lot better about putting my wife on this one. She's only 105 but I still would rather have the metal one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.