Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if this would bolt up w/no problems, and also does anyone know if the ripsaw has a softer compound than other types?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MachDream said:
Just wondering if this would bolt up w/no problems, and also does anyone know if the ripsaw has a softer compound than other types?
[snapback]718145[/snapback]​
anyone running any kind of 1 1/2 on their mach1/z?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Assuming the Mach 1 is the same as the Mach Z --

you can't run a 1.5, you can't even run a 1.25.

See my earlier post on the same subject.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
iambill said:

[snapback]718809[/snapback]​
I have 1.5 rip saw in my mach z 98 you have to drop the wheels 1 inch to clear the rad WORKS VERY WELL

·
Registered
155 Posts
z800 said:
iambill said:

I have 1.5 rip saw in my mach z 98 you have to drop the wheels 1 inch to clear the rad WORKS VERY WELL
[snapback]718872[/snapback]​
Did you switch to 8 tooth drivers? Rolled chaincase?

I have a studded .88 track...if I'm at all loose, they hit the bulkhead.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
iambill said:

I have an 1.25 Predator in my 98 Mach Z, no clearance issues (can't comment on a 1.5). As z800 said you have to lower the axle that bolts to the tunnel down to the next set of holes (this is the one with the two idlers on it, you have to drill new holes but the template is there). I would do the same if your running a shallower lug track with pics (my 99Z has the stock 0.75" track with picks and the axle is also lowered).

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,853 Posts
I have installed 2 1.5" RipSaws in 98-up Mach 1 and Z. Also have installed a few of the "Intense" 1.5" tracks in same chassis. No problems. Don't even think about studding a 1.5" track in the CKIII chassis.

1.25" and studs is OK, but I would only Doo 96 in center belt only, run tunnel and frame protectors, drop rear suspension to holes furthest away from exchangers, and run the track tight, very tight.

There's PLENTY of clearance in my 97 Mach 1 for a 1.25" track, and the CKIII chassis has about 1/2" more clearance at the front of the tunnel than my sled.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info! Im ordering a track today from tracksUSA and it will either be a 1.5 Ripsaw for $415 or a 1.25 Ice Ripper for $449. Not sure yet.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure, bill, but, looks like you were given some bad info. I sure love the 1.5 Ripsaw, and i've run a 1.5 on my 98 583 and enjoyed that, but im intrigued by the 1.25 Ice Ripper too. Does anyone think i would rip lugs off if i went with the 1.5 ripsaw on my Mach 1? I have a 1.25 Ripsaw on my 670 H.O. and that thing hooks up like crazy. Im torn.

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,853 Posts
iambill said:
What were all of these guys thinking then?

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...=81871&hl=track
[snapback]719468[/snapback]​
I have absolutely no idea! They were, and you were talking about running a 1.25" track with studs in that thread.

I ride with about a dozen guys with CKIII chassis FIII's, Mach 1's, and Mach Z's. A few of them have ran studs in their 1.25" tracks, and those are the same guys that have had their heat exchangers replaced or welded up.

I also wouldn't go any longer than 1.075" long studs. At least with Woody's. Other brands of studs measure their lengths differently, so you have to be very careful..

You can do a rolled chaincase pretty cheaply if you use a ZX chaincase and are good with a holesaw. One guy I ride with has a 121" x 15" x 2" paddle track on his Mach Z. Fun sled, just don't get anywhere near the trails he's been on, or behind him for that matter. He calls his sled the "snowblower"...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
iambill said:
z800 said:
iambill said:

[snapback]718872[/snapback]​
Did you switch to 8 tooth drivers? Rolled chaincase?

I have a studded .88 track...if I'm at all loose, they hit the bulkhead.
[snapback]718953[/snapback]​
9 tooth drivers

·
Registered
263 Posts
i hate to blatantly disagree with z800 but i have a studded 1.25 on my 00 z and there is no possible way it would go with the stock 9 tooth drivers without a rolled chaincase. i swapped to 8 tooth and made up some bulkhead protectors as well as lowering the carrier wheels to make clearance. i'd love to see a pic from underneath z800's sled of the clearance between the track and bulkhead. maybe i'm wrong and there is a difference in the 98 tunnel? all i know is what is on mine, and the stock .88 track with 1" studs hit the bulkhead at speed if the track wasn't super tight, as does most every other studded ck3 i've seen.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
haywire4130 said:
i hate to blatantly disagree with z800 but i have a studded 1.25 on my 00 z and there is no possible way it would go with the stock 9 tooth drivers without a rolled chaincase. i swapped to 8 tooth and made up some bulkhead protectors as well as lowering the carrier wheels to make clearance. i'd love to see a pic from underneath z800's sled of the clearance between the track and bulkhead. maybe i'm wrong and there is a difference in the 98 tunnel? all i know is what is on mine, and the stock .88 track with 1" studs hit the bulkhead at speed if the track wasn't super tight, as does most every other studded ck3 i've seen.
[snapback]721684[/snapback]​

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
z800 said:
haywire4130 said:
[snapback]722502[/snapback]​
Hi guys. Try to get a picture on here, but picture is too big. Don't know how to make it smaller.

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,853 Posts
z800 said:
z800 said:
haywire4130 said:
[snapback]722502[/snapback]​
Hi guys. Try to get a picture on here, but picture is too big. Don't know how to make it smaller.
[snapback]722527[/snapback]​
E-mail it to me and I will post it up. [email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts