Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
09 Summit 550f

The 10" bolt for the rear suspension bracket is gone. Any one else have this shear off or come loose? Would this be the reason it feels like the track stutters when I start moving? Seems like I have to give it plenty of gas to get moving. It runs fine otherwise.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Not sure what bolt you are talking about. The longest bolt in the suspension is the track adjusting bolt. Are you thinking of a cross shaft that has a bolt in each end?

If you are missing anything, I would not ride it at all.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
My mistake, just looked at one of my skids, that is a bolt that goes completely through. On my 120" skid one of my boogie wheels would have to come off in order for that bolt to come completely out. Might be different on your Summit. Can't see how you could even ride your sled with that gone. Did it egg out the holes in the rails?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it recently came off, so it didn't mess up much down there. I am not riding it until I get a new one. Just wondering if it was just a fluke that it is gone or if I should be looking for another cause-don't want it to happen again.

·
Stay to the right, in your lane and slow down.
1,526 Posts
In the off season for sure check as many fasteners as are reasonable to get to for tight and/or torque. I also pull the skids out after the season and check tight plus hyfax, wheels, bearings, bushings, etc. Takes some time but I always find something that has loosened up a bit.

The Nor Lock washers are great especially on exhaust manifold bolts

Loctite blue on about everything for me but follow your the service manual for threadlocker applications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts