Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 09 MXZ Renegade 800R Power Tek. Riding this weekend and the check engine light came on and went out three times within about 15 miles of riding then came on again and has stayed on. Sled seems to be running fine and finished ride home about another 40 miles. Anyone know of any common issues that would make the check engine light come on?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Need more info....any displays on gauges...oil level, overheating, knock ect....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing coming up everytime I start it is the check engine light, Beeps four times when I start it then stays on. Plenty of oil and no knocks or any odd sounds from sled. no other gauge lights or anything out of the norm. Runs great like it always has. From what ive read about it the knock sensor causing problems is pretty common. if you have any other input with this info let me know. I appreciate the input

·
Registered
128 Posts
Check owners manual....should tell u what 4beeps means.....also check for codes....I think u hold down m while turning highs beams on and off but I could be wrong...

To get codes: To access fault codes,Press and hold the M button, quickly push your hi-low beam switch several times, this will put you in to Code mode.While in P Code mode, use the M or S to scroll thru codes.press and hold M to exit this mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Dodgethz. I have just the S button but I will try that tomorrow after work to see what I get for a code. Bought sled last year and guy didn't have the owners manual anymore but I will research it online.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Double check all sensor connections like temp.air.tps. etc. ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts